Hatching eBay Pomeranian Geese- Day 25

Very exciting! Are they talking to you yet?

And wow - someone's geese are laying at this time of year??

Best of luck with your hatch and hope to see some adorable goslings soon!
Not yet, that should've been my hint that they weren't actually pipping yet I just got EGGcited :D
I've heard of a few people having late layers this year, not sure whats up with that.

Awwww and good luck! eBay is one of those live hate relationships
This is my first time with goose eggs AND shipped eggs, I'm trying not to buy anymore but hatching is so much fun and I have a spare empty incubator😬

Not yet, that should've been my hint that they weren't actually pipping yet I just got EGGcited :D
I've heard of a few people having late layers this year, not sure whats up with that.

This is my first time with goose eggs AND shipped eggs, I'm trying not to buy anymore but hatching is so much fun and I have a spare empty incubator😬
I have this problem as well. I went overboard this year incubating, I have sold off all the extra chickens, but I still have about 40 more quail than I need 😅

Quick update, I put a safety hole in each last night.
I was probably just paranoid but they had been shadowing for such a long time I was worried they could be shrink wrapped.
Today they’re both internally and externally pipped.
One was backwards though so I’m watching it for any issues, it doesn’t appear to have an egg tooth so I may help it out once it’s absorbed the yolk and the veins are dried out.

They’re very vocal, rocking their eggs and cheeping all morning, it makes me happy 😊

I’ll put something for traction before bed tonight in case they decide to make their exit overnight. A9DBB689-01AA-4C81-B555-44162A3AF413.jpeg 1608D693-68D7-4C39-B984-C0BC21E7D8A7.jpeg

Backwards gosling broke through the membrane in the air cell and started breaking the safety hole with its hocks, i chipped a portion where it I put some athletic tape on it for it to push against if it wants but it’s not through with absorption so it’s going to have to hang on a little while longer.
The other one is zipping, included somewhere photos of that one.
E5DD3953-38AD-45B6-A0FC-E6A1904DED79.jpeg B4030A1E-88A7-47E8-8FEE-1D1BCEF04CA6.jpeg 0B84DF16-4A4C-430A-9EBC-4C19BE2FF9CA.jpeg

Yes for sure while young and dumb, they are LOUD when they want to be once mature. Can’t wait should have some eggs this spring I hope.
We picked this guy up as as a charity case and he’s actually pretty quiet, he’ll honk if the dog barks but other than that he only makes noise a few times a day for no reason.
I’m hoping the Poms will be the same way.
A3D31C39-37AE-4B8B-96F6-036CBEF19FA4.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom