Dipsy Doodle Doo

ODD BIRD
13 Years
Jan 11, 2007
Aiken, South Carolina 29801
My Coop
My Coop
Hi!
Naked Neck and Frizzle eggs still available for shipping Mon, 26th.
(I'm having trouble w/dates this week)

Silkie eggs (sold to Karri, Alyssa, Kelli ~ Thanks!)
Frizzle eggs
Naked Neck eggs

$18.00 per dozen --- fresh for hatching!!
Price includes Priority Mail and Delivery Confirmation.

The Silkies are white, blue, and splash (You can see some pics of the parents on 'my page').

The Frizzle hens are blue and black (some Cochin, some CochinxSilkie crosses). The roo in the pen is a smooth lemon blue Cochin.

The Naked Neck hens are blue and black dark-skinned Naked Neck Silkie crosses {[(NN x S) x S] X S}. The Naked Neck roos in the pen are a dark-skinned black and a red-skinned blue/gold frizzle.

For more details or questions, post here or email me
[email protected]

Thanks,
Lisa

Last edited:
Is there anyway I could get 6-12 blue silkies? Maybe half blue and half splash? I just candled my silkie eggs and it looks like non are growing:-( All of my sex link eggs are but it's the silkies I really need. I have one super lonely gorgeous blue roo:-(

Ps are they bearded?

smile.png
I'm not her, but blue is not a true breeding color. There is no way to know what the chicks will be when they are still in the eggs. From a blue to blue mating, only 50% will be blue, the others splashes and blacks. And if she has whites in her pen (like I do) white is possible too.

And I think hers are bearded, I have seen pics of her birds.

I want and would love blues or blue splashes. I know about them throwing blacks but that would just help me to breed more blues. Thanks for the info. I couldn't turn away any silkies it's just the blues that hold my heart:)

Hi! Me 3
smile.png

In the Silkie pen, there are:
7 blue girls (6 bearded / 1 non-bearded),
2 splash girls (bearded),
3 white girls (2 bearded / 1 non-bearded).
The Silkie rooster is a bearded white.

The chicks are hatching blue. splash, and white
(Check Silkieluvr's post in 'Incubating and Hatching' for the most recent Silkie hatchlings).

Thanks,
Lisa

Well put me down! What woul dit cost for around 6-8? If you only want to ship a dozen that's cool too. I have a fever for some silkies!!!!!!!!

Wow, she had a great hatch, especially for shipped eggs. What are you asking for two dozen? I've got a hatch due this weekend, so I will have bator space next week... LOL

I use a black roo and a blue roo over black and white hens, and I've been getting mostly blacks, but these two roos are the best I have, sooo

Hi!
Sent you a PM, Karri.

It depends on how the fickle-pickle girls lay. There is the potential for 2 doz fresh, but they don't always cooperate (I try not to ship eggs that are over 3 days old).

"I use a black roo and a blue roo over black and white hens, and I've been getting mostly blacks, but these two roos are the best I have, sooo..."
That's precisely why I'm using the white roo.
I have several blue / splash roos I could use, but the white roo makes nicer chicks
smile.png

Lisa

Back
Top Bottom