Hatching Eggs In A Sock?

No signs of an air sack, unfortunately I don't think this will work. There are other methods of incubation that are more likely to be successful, even as an experiment, such as putting them under a chick heat plate at the exact temperature you need as well as a bowl of hot water in the container you keep them in. I've seen people hatch like this before. YouTube may be able to help with your experimental needs lol.
I think you’re completely right unfortunately, will keep them in the rice sock a few more days with the hot water bottle just in case 🙂

I’ve accidentally dropped one of the eggs today when getting it out 🙁 other one still going to be kept wrapped up for a few more days I think

Attachments

• 3F115050-CA8E-4CCE-BF66-21DBFF047FFC.jpeg
    3F115050-CA8E-4CCE-BF66-21DBFF047FFC.jpeg
    268.2 KB · Views: 12
what do you think the chances are of it working?
0%
Why not try to make a simple small cooler incubator?
You have a reasonable chance of success with one of them which would be more gratifying then rotting eggs in a sock under your bed.

that looks cooked to me too...onsen eggs maybe 😬

it would be good to have atleast a temperature probe so you can adjust temperature. Those hand warmers get pretty hot.

The hot water idea has been used for a long time in asian countrysides. They lay their eggs on a warm water bed inside an insulated space.

My current “incubator” is pretty similar and also based on the concept, it’s a crockpot with water in it, and eggs floated above that via a plastic sheet.

Incubation isn’t rocket science (though it can be at times!). The basic premise is being able to maintain a certain temperature environment for fertile eggs. So as long as you can hit that temperature and keep it there, you can get pretty creative with incubation, but I would say a calibrated thermometer is essential, no matter what method you use!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom