Hatching Eggs / Paypal CHAT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks guys. I'm going to finish filling my swaps and finish hatching what's in the incubator and whatever is coming this week, then I'm going to take a break from hatching, and figure out just where I want to go with my chickens. It's been fun, but not worth the emotional roller coaster, the dashed excitement of claiming eggs that never come, the disappointment and expense of having to replace eggs from every sale, the anger over chicks lost in shipping. I would hope you guys would tell me if there are problems with either my packing or my eggs and not keep quiet because they were swaps instead of sales. Being insulted and told to take a hike over $10 by another BYCer makes me wonder why I even bother. If I owe you a swap you haven't heard from me recently, please PM me. I don't want to overlook anybody. I've talked to sonew, caj is on hold, puglady I'm sorry I forgot, your eggs will go out in about a week, I set deb's first set of eggs yesterday, Donna your chicks will be shipped Tuesday, Amyable your eggs are being shipped tomorrow, NotAFarm your eggs are being shipped Tuesday. It think that's everybody so please let me know if I've missed you.

It really means a lot that you guys want me to stay. Thank you. I just need a break, a chance to unwind, life lessons learned, write off my losses, and put it all behind me, so that when I come back I won't be bitter and ranting all the time. I sent a very unfriendly PM to she-who-shall-not-be-named today. I'm not proud of myself, but then again I felt I had nothing left to lose. Pretty sure I burned that bridge.

I can understand that totally -- I'm going through a bit of the same thing
hugs.gif
I'm going to be nervous and uncomfortable till I get all the isbar and cochin swaps out, and I definitely don't like the feeling! Also need to pare back, even though I don't really want to. Until I can start selling/swapping eggs I have to try and economize -- these guys are eating me out of house and home!! (Far too literally for my peace of mind).

So I can totally support your need to take a break -- but don't leave!
hit.gif

Ok so I just wanted to throw this out there....
I have my English jubilee/spangled roo in with my english bbs orp hens. He is covering them and I am testing fertility. If anyone would be interested in some of these in lieu of another one of your swaps, please let me know.

Ok so I just wanted to throw this out there....
I have my English jubilee/spangled roo in with my english bbs orp hens. He is covering them and I am testing fertility. If anyone would be interested in some of these in lieu of another one of your swaps, please let me know.
would you ship chicks if I paid shipping? I am about done with trying to hatch shipped eggs...

Thanks guys. I'm going to finish filling my swaps and finish hatching what's in the incubator and whatever is coming this week, then I'm going to take a break from hatching, and figure out just where I want to go with my chickens. It's been fun, but not worth the emotional roller coaster, the dashed excitement of claiming eggs that never come, the disappointment and expense of having to replace eggs from every sale, the anger over chicks lost in shipping. I would hope you guys would tell me if there are problems with either my packing or my eggs and not keep quiet because they were swaps instead of sales. Being insulted and told to take a hike over $10 by another BYCer makes me wonder why I even bother. If I owe you a swap you haven't heard from me recently, please PM me. I don't want to overlook anybody. I've talked to sonew, caj is on hold, puglady I'm sorry I forgot, your eggs will go out in about a week, I set deb's first set of eggs yesterday, Donna your chicks will be shipped Tuesday, Amyable your eggs are being shipped tomorrow, NotAFarm your eggs are being shipped Tuesday. It think that's everybody so please let me know if I've missed you.

It really means a lot that you guys want me to stay. Thank you. I just need a break, a chance to unwind, life lessons learned, write off my losses, and put it all behind me, so that when I come back I won't be bitter and ranting all the time. I sent a very unfriendly PM to she-who-shall-not-be-named today. I'm not proud of myself, but then again I felt I had nothing left to lose. Pretty sure I burned that bridge.

you are the top of the list of receiving eggs that develop the most! NO! I understand though. I have been frustrated with trying to contact swappers and not getting an answer and now their swap is no longer laying.
I have met a few that I will continue to buy from and swap with. I still have several swaps due me too (NOT FROM YOU). getting mystery chicks that are 90% roos from autosexing breeds is frustrating. I would rather take my chances with hatching myself but if I am going to get rotten or partially developed eggs what is the use?
If anyone has noticed I am not swapping hardly at all either. I am just filling my swaps as the hens will allow me to. I have bought birds when I have lost one as I am trying to keep trios and quads of each breed. The speckled sussex are giving me the biggest grief but I am talking with the person I bought mine from to buy all his breeders for this year so I can fill my swaps and then thin down to a quad of them. I will know more about them by this weekend. It's always something as I wanted to buy madams brahmas and breda and part barts that were on RBA! but my commitment to filling my swaps comes first.
thumbsup.gif
I tapped out my chicken money this weekend and need to refill it this week.
lau.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom