Hatching Eggs / Paypal CHAT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
SO, i think I caused some confusion on the thread earlier for DM. I mined the turkeys, but it takes forever to do stuff on the phone, so I missed it and reese got it first. I edited my post because id lost the bid, it said mine on turkeys, offer 15 pp. But since I lost I took it away so someone didnt mine it and get confused.

But we got confused anyway!

So is DM up? Really or do we need to back up?
Yes, I believe DM is up. Actually, BButterfly posted about an earlier swap that she didn't see the (hatchery stock) on, and DM wasn't sure if she had claimed the offer before her because there was no "Mine". Long story short, DM is the current offer, no need to back up.

Last edited:
Okay, so I just found this. I am one of the people whose birds are in molt and/or broody/moody right now and I can't offer any eggs. Instead, I offered PP. I PM'ed the OP before claiming/offering and inquired about proper protocol and how much would be acceptable, since I've never done a swap before. That is what my offer (which was quite quickly snatched up, by the way) reflected. I didn't mean to be insulting or low-balling, or anything else. I just wanted some eggs and offered the higher of "normal" PP offers I was told.

I do think it is strange that people are mentioning the cost of sending twelve eggs, on top of the value of such eggs when the swap is for six eggs. Mailing twelve or six eggs is not the same cost either in packing materials nor in postage.

People are not required to accept offers. If a PayPal offer ever stalled the chain, I could understand the level of concern. However, it seems to me in scrolling through that the PayPal offers, whether $10 or $20, never stalled the thread out. Some people want the PayPal money for a higher goal, or for savings, or whatever else. If it's worth it to the person accepting who then offers eggs that are wanted by someone else, what is the problem? The people accepting lower PP offers have their reasons, and the chain goes on.

Correct me if I am wrong, but the point of the Swapping here is not an equal exchange of goods, it's a mass exchange of eggs(or PP funds) to help each other bring in new breeds, lines, supplies, etc. to our flocks. If it were about the value of the eggs offered, it wouldn't be a minimum 6 eggs across the board. It would probably be more like "$10 worth of eggs from a pure flock" or something similar. If you feel that you are being insulted by an offer of the person who claims your eggs, by all means don't claim their offer! But try to realize that it's not personal, and some of us are very new to this. I'm sure no one means to be disrespectful to any of you or your fine birds/eggs.

If you feel like the Swap isn't doing justice to your eggs in counter-offers, perhaps you should just sell your eggs for your desired price point instead of Swapping. No one sets out on a Swap thread to be rude to you, and if I claim your eggs and offer too little PayPal in your eyes, it's not that I'm saying I think your eggs PLUS shipping are only worth that much. I'm just saying I admire what you have in your flock and this is what I've got in the budget to offer in return. I would hope that those of you who have worked very hard on your chosen breed(s) would see someone claiming your eggs not as an insult, but as a compliment of your birds that we want some of their offspring.

Again, I'm very new at these, and I could be way off base, but I certainly don't mean to insult anyone when I offer PP instead of eggs.

Eggs arrived Sat. from KYTinpusher, all in great condition!!!
clap.gif
I want to see pictures in 3 weeks!
big_smile.png

Okay, so I just found this. I am one of the people whose birds are in molt and/or broody/moody right now and I can't offer any eggs. Instead, I offered PP. I PM'ed the OP before claiming/offering and inquired about proper protocol and how much would be acceptable, since I've never done a swap before. That is what my offer (which was quite quickly snatched up, by the way) reflected. I didn't mean to be insulting or low-balling, or anything else. I just wanted some eggs and offered the higher of "normal" PP offers I was told.

I do think it is strange that people are mentioning the cost of sending twelve eggs, on top of the value of such eggs when the swap is for six eggs. Mailing twelve or six eggs is not the same cost either in packing materials nor in postage.

People are not required to accept offers. If a PayPal offer ever stalled the chain, I could understand the level of concern. However, it seems to me in scrolling through that the PayPal offers, whether $10 or $20, never stalled the thread out. Some people want the PayPal money for a higher goal, or for savings, or whatever else. If it's worth it to the person accepting who then offers eggs that are wanted by someone else, what is the problem? The people accepting lower PP offers have their reasons, and the chain goes on.

Correct me if I am wrong, but the point of the Swapping here is not an equal exchange of goods, it's a mass exchange of eggs(or PP funds) to help each other bring in new breeds, lines, supplies, etc. to our flocks. If it were about the value of the eggs offered, it wouldn't be a minimum 6 eggs across the board. It would probably be more like "$10 worth of eggs from a pure flock" or something similar. If you feel that you are being insulted by an offer of the person who claims your eggs, by all means don't claim their offer! But try to realize that it's not personal, and some of us are very new to this. I'm sure no one means to be disrespectful to any of you or your fine birds/eggs.

If you feel like the Swap isn't doing justice to your eggs in counter-offers, perhaps you should just sell your eggs for your desired price point instead of Swapping. No one sets out on a Swap thread to be rude to you, and if I claim your eggs and offer too little PayPal in your eyes, it's not that I'm saying I think your eggs PLUS shipping are only worth that much. I'm just saying I admire what you have in your flock and this is what I've got in the budget to offer in return. I would hope that those of you who have worked very hard on your chosen breed(s) would see someone claiming your eggs not as an insult, but as a compliment of your birds that we want some of their offspring.

Again, I'm very new at these, and I could be way off base, but I certainly don't mean to insult anyone when I offer PP instead of eggs.
I completely agree. I have a lot invested in my Tolbunts and Legbars. I sell some here and there but to me, swapping is way more fun. I can get new breeds for my layer flock and offer something others would like to have. My birds are a hobby and I believe hobbies should be enjoyed. I'm thrilled to find the different swaps and looking forward to more. I'm not offended in the least on the offers. I just can't jump on some since I enjoy sleeping in my house and don't wish to move in with my chickens. I do believe side swaps should be kept private and in no way should influence the current offer.

Oh and thank you so much gamebirdsonly for the beautiful bantam olive eggs!!! I can't wait to see these babies hatch!

GREAT POST!
clap.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom