Hatching Eggs / Paypal CHAT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Three hours until your egg contest starts :)

What will you do in the event of a tie? Will there be a tie breaker?

Not like I will guess any right, but I'm goin to go study up :lol:

I was buying like four different kinds of feed a while back. Now I just buy layer crumbles (which is only 13.50/50 lbs at the country gas station five minutes away) and starter grower for everything else- chicks, quail, and pullets that don't lay. The starter grower is 16.99/50 lb bag other wise I would do what she said
big_smile.png

I need to move north! Mine is $21/50lbs. Ugh.

WOW - that would simplify everything. So I could feed my large breeds down to the Seramas the same thing. Newly hatched also?

I'm pretty much the same as madamwlf, for what it's worth :) 24% chick starter up to 6-7 weeks, then 20% "fnisher" or broiler crumbles for everybody. My grown-up girls free range (not sure how this is gonna play out when I have multiple pens...) and everybody gets ground-up veggies just about every day. (So far -- I'll be out by January
tongue.png
) I throw a handful of sunflower heads in the stalls every couple of days (grow 'em, snip the heads off, let 'em dry -- the chickens pick out the seeds just fine
smile.png
) and some scratch now and then just for fun!

Okay, am I the only person here who runs all her leftover produce thru a food processor for her birds? My chickens LOVE beets, so long as they're chopped up into bite-sized bits. And cabbage. And turnips!

I'm pretty much the same as madamwlf, for what it's worth :) 24% chick starter up to 6-7 weeks, then 20% "fnisher" or broiler crumbles for everybody. My grown-up girls free range (not sure how this is gonna play out when I have multiple pens...) and everybody gets ground-up veggies just about every day. (So far -- I'll be out by January
tongue.png
) I throw a handful of sunflower heads in the stalls every couple of days (grow 'em, snip the heads off, let 'em dry -- the chickens pick out the seeds just fine
smile.png
) and some scratch now and then just for fun!

Okay, am I the only person here who runs all her leftover produce thru a food processor for her birds? My chickens LOVE beets, so long as they're chopped up into bite-sized bits. And cabbage. And turnips!
I don't have a food processor or leftover produce. I usually buy them lettuce when it is on sale. During the summer they get grass clippings.

I feed AllFlock crumbles to everyone but I have a bag of laye I got that I mx half and half for the serama so it lasts forever as they are just tiny , the buttons and the chicks and the jumbo brown all get allflock. So far no problems.

What egg contest?

Last edited:
I prefer 22% for everybodysome old breeders have said Dual Purpose/Heritage breeds do better with higher protein. I do supplement with cracked corn. When conditioning I also add oats and Black Oil Sunflower seeds but I like the KISS method (keep it simple stupid). Its easier for me.

I prefer 22% for everybodysome old breeders have said Dual Purpose/Heritage breeds do better with higher protein. I do supplement with cracked corn. When conditioning I also add oats and Black Oil Sunflower seeds but I like the KISS method (keep it simple stupid). Its easier for me.
The game bird feed is something like $2 more a bag. I wanted the higher protein but it's just too expensive. So I stuck with the 20% feed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom