Hatching Eggs / Paypal CHAT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So sorry Madam!
hugs.gif
X2. Go ahead and cry over your chicken. We keep them cause we love them, no one here thinks that is silly.

G'morning!! We have about 4" of snow so far and it's still coming down. I had to go clear all the nets and shovel the pens a bit. Did I mention I'm tired of snow? Really tired of it.

On a much sadder note for me, my oldest hen Georgia is dying. She was part of the original chicks we bought 3 years ago to start all this madness. I noticed her walking funny yesterday. She has a very bloated belly area which means most likely internal laying. I can't believe I cried yesterday over a chicken. She is more then that though. She never acted like a chicken, more like a dog. Always followed you around. Jumped for worms. I'm loosing my baby girl. I have to find a nice spot to bury her when she goes. She's the only one I ever named. Named her after a lady I work with. They both have attitude and personality. Why must chickens hide their illnesses? I could have saved her.
hit.gif
Sorry to hear that, I feel for you really on both fronts. First we are back to over two feet of snow again and second my daughter's hen just died this weekend. I cried so hard, but not really for the bird more for my daughter. I had no clue what to do. Not only did she truly love that bird, held her every single day but we just had to put her dog down last month.She took the dog's passing so hard she still cries about him, we have issues in school almost every day. It also doesn't help when she takes things way harder than most other children, they seem to affect her differently. Cutie was also a lap dog kind of pet, she had mites and was doing better than two other hens. We woke up Sat morn just to find she had died what's even more sad I just got some ivomec and drench that morning to use on her. The other two still look worse and for longer than she ever was. I just don't get it.

awwww so sorry to hear it Madam....
hugs.gif
Probably from all of this crazy weather were having.

I woke up to the whole ground covered in snow also. We have probably a good 3-4 in. Supposed to get 5-6 in today and 2-3 in tomorrow. I am so sick of this weather. I am ready to move. I told hubby if we moved I would downsize drastically and just keep my expensive birds to take with us until we got settled.
lau.gif
That didn't work though. He don't want to move, I told him I was gonna move without him to a warmer place.
gig.gif
We are planning to move one DH retires. Heading south to warmer weather. I'm so tired of snow and all this yo-yo weather here and I'm from this state. I'm thankful he thinks like I do.

On a better note, my black bart rooster isn't gay after all! While I was cooking breakfast, I used an egg from his pen and it was quite fertile. Found one the black bart eggs from yesterday and checked it. Looks like a fertile egg too.
celebrate.gif
Looks like those will be going into the incubator now. He's also found his attitude. I darn near killed him Saturday after he attacked me. He's lucky I have such poor aim or he would have found a block of wood upside his head.

Sorry to hear that, I feel for you really on both fronts. First we are back to over two feet of snow again and second my daughter's hen just died this weekend. I cried so hard, but not really for the bird more for my daughter. I had no clue what to do. Not only did she truly love that bird, held her every single day but we just had to put her dog down last month.She took the dog's passing so hard she still cries about him, we have issues in school almost every day. It also doesn't help when she takes things way harder than most other children, they seem to affect her differently. Cutie was also a lap dog kind of pet, she had mites and was doing better than two other hens. We woke up Sat morn just to find she had died what's even more sad I just got some ivomec and drench that morning to use on her. The other two still look worse and for longer than she ever was. I just don't get it.
hugs.gif
Oh goodness that is horrible. I'm so sorry to hear that.

Everybodies incubators must be full or they are broke like me. It is very quite over on the swap thread.

OK I have to build 4 more brooders, one tomorrow after work for my GFF chicks
ya.gif
, then one for my swap eggs and my eggs from my last hatch. Then another hatch next week about Tuesday.
Need more time and more money, oh yeh and more warm weather. Oh did I mention that I need to finish one chicken tractor for my Chocolate Orps and build another for my quad of Chocolate Orps. Then one for my Buff Brahma Bantams and one for my Dark Brahma Bantams because it won't be long before they start laying
fl.gif
. Maybe I need 3 of me but I ain't sure my wife could handle/tolerate 3 of me.
gig.gif
If she cant handle all three of you, maybe you can loan one of you to me to build some stuff! although I really cant complain about my husband. he is taking off from work to go start the generator because the neighbor just called...power is out again.
G'morning!! We have about 4" of snow so far and it's still coming down. I had to go clear all the nets and shovel the pens a bit. Did I mention I'm tired of snow? Really tired of it.

On a much sadder note for me, my oldest hen Georgia is dying. She was part of the original chicks we bought 3 years ago to start all this madness. I noticed her walking funny yesterday. She has a very bloated belly area which means most likely internal laying. I can't believe I cried yesterday over a chicken. She is more then that though. She never acted like a chicken, more like a dog. Always followed you around. Jumped for worms. I'm loosing my baby girl. I have to find a nice spot to bury her when she goes. She's the only one I ever named. Named her after a lady I work with. They both have attitude and personality. Why must chickens hide their illnesses? I could have saved her.
hit.gif
Oh, poor you. you can most certainly cry over a chicken. especially one that is friendly and follows you around and you have named.
We are planning to move one DH retires. Heading south to warmer weather. I'm so tired of snow and all this yo-yo weather here and I'm from this state. I'm thankful he thinks like I do.

On a better note, my black bart rooster isn't gay after all! While I was cooking breakfast, I used an egg from his pen and it was quite fertile. Found one the black bart eggs from yesterday and checked it. Looks like a fertile egg too.
celebrate.gif
Looks like those will be going into the incubator now. He's also found his attitude. I darn near killed him Saturday after he attacked me. He's lucky I have such poor aim or he would have found a block of wood upside his head.
oh, gosh...feeling his oats, huh? but cool that you have fertile eggs!!! he is just discrete about his laisons...

Would any one with Porcelian silkies like to do a private swap???

My daughters(sebrightmom) shed burned down, and she lost all her chicks, baby turkeys, and all her kids show birds, but the worse was she lost all of her porcelian silkies, and those are the ones my grandson loved most. He is really upset over losing them. He is 6yrs old and I'd like to try to replace them for him. Please email me at [email protected] if you'd like to trade

Would any one with Porcelian silkies like to do a private swap???

My daughters(sebrightmom) shed burned down, and she lost all her chicks, baby turkeys, and all her kids show birds, but the worse was she lost all of her porcelian silkies, and those are the ones my grandson loved most. He is really upset over losing them. He is 6yrs old and I'd like to try to replace them for him. Please email me at [email protected] if you'd like to trade
I'm so sorry to hear that. And I had no idea sebrightmom was your daughter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom