Hatching Eggs / Paypal CHAT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My kids are loving our turkey's. They are calm and collective little things. They look up at you and let you pet them and pick them up. So far, I am loving the turkey's- as for now.... they are not as loud as the chicks... for now..
poults can get loud...but it's such a pretty sound, that you won't mind as much. It's when the toms are older and you are outside near them trying to talk to someone and all they do is gobble every time you open your mouth to say something, that they can get extremely
irritating!
smack.gif

lol!

Oh and just wait til you see them strutting at about a week or two old....it's great!

She hasn't been on in a while. I know she was having personal issues so I don't know what to say.

It isn't a biggie, if she can't get the 2 swaps out to me then she accepted 2 swaps from me so we can just call it even and it won't be a problem.
wink.png
If it makes it easier, not like I need geese anyway.
gig.gif

Last edited:
What do you got?  Love Disney!  I have most but, not all Disney DVD's

I have to see when I get home.  I was buying them when they were first released on DVD.  Most haven't even been watched.

I'd be interested in Disney... Most of what I collected, for my oldest (15), is on VHS and we dont even have a player for them anymore...if they still work. But I definitely have two lil' girls that would love some Disney DVD's!

My kids are loving our turkey's. They are calm and collective little things. They look up at you and let you pet them and pick them up. So far, I am loving the turkey's- as for now.... they are not as loud as the chicks... for now..
poults can get loud...but it's such a pretty sound, that you won't mind as much. It's when the toms are older and you are outside near them trying to talk to someone and all they do is gobble every time you open your mouth to say something, that they can get extremely irritating!
smack.gif
lol! Oh and just wait til you see them strutting at about a week or two old....it's great!
Krazy is right they can get loud, but you will love whistling back them. Turkeys are just sooooo much more personable than chicks. Put your hand in the brooder and they all have to try to push to get into you hand. It also doesn't take them long to start jumping, so keep a lid on them little stinkers. Once they figure out how to get out you will have them wondering around looking for you. Had to laugh about the gobbling. Every night after chores I go back to sit with the turkeys for a few while my son goes in and feeds the parrots. When he's done he will open the patio door to see if he can get on BYC to window shop. Every time I open my mouth all he hears is gobble gobble gobble.. Love those boys!

geese in general only lay once a year (seasonal layers) Sebbies are a small clutch layer (30 eggs on average) each spring. First year layers of course give fewer eggs that second year layers.

poults can get loud...but it's such a pretty sound, that you won't mind as much. It's when the toms are older and you are outside near them trying to talk to someone and all they do is gobble every time you open your mouth to say something, that they can get extremely
irritating!
smack.gif

lol!

Oh and just wait til you see them strutting at about a week or two old....it's great!

Krazy is right they can get loud, but you will love whistling back them.

Turkeys are just sooooo much more personable than chicks. Put your hand in the brooder and they all have to try to push to get into you hand.

It also doesn't take them long to start jumping, so keep a lid on them little stinkers. Once they figure out how to get out you will have them wondering around looking for you.

Had to laugh about the gobbling. Every night after chores I go back to sit with the turkeys for a few while my son goes in and feeds the parrots. When he's done he will open the patio door to see if he can get on BYC to window shop. Every time I open my mouth all he hears is gobble gobble gobble.. Love those boys!

x2. you can't have a conversation outdoors without them chiming in. They are very social, and love to be admired and fawned over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom