Hatching Eggs / Paypal CHAT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will be spending Mother's Day in the yard with the chickies. I'm trying to get most of my chicks out of the house. DH is doing re-certification at the fire station today. Who plans these things on Mother's Day?

Happy Mothers Day to all!
I have Blue slate Turkey's that Starting hatching earlie yesterday and more Still Hatching.
wee.gif

Happy mothers day to all with two legged and four legged and feathered kids alike. Woke to Brahma's spilling out of the hatching drawers. Will be fun to grow them all out this summer. A new line of Lights and a whole bunch of others.

Quote:
One of the reasons I wanted a new hatcher was I was having issues with shrink wrapping. There was TOO much air movement and not enough humidity. I am hoping both of those problems will be solved with this hatcher. My baskets have a solid bottom and I am hoping that will cut down on the shrink wrapping. There is enough room in the drawers so I can put the baskets around the edge and allow air through the middle. I am hoping there will be convection heating working more than fans.

Here are my baskets.

I just had a red tailed hawk, a crow, and a red winged black bird fly very slowly past my living room window! Guess I should get off my duff and let the animals out if they are sending out a search party. I was so enjoying a peaceful lazy morning. Oh well. Such is life. Wonder who asked the hawk to go looking for me.

frow.gif
hope everyone has a great day. Off to TSC for pellet bedding (teenager promised to scrape all stalls bare and re-bed today. then off for lumber and PVC so we can put together the 18 tray fodder rack and start the mini coops/tractors/arks (in our case with all the rain)

scrub hatcher and reset for next goose eggs after these brahma's finish hatching

oh and Madam your diucks are past the half way point. Down hill from here and all 21 are going strong still.

Last edited:
frow.gif
hope everyone has a great day. Off to TSC for pellet bedding (teenager promised to scrape all stalls bare and re-bed today. then off for lumber and PVC so we can put together the 18 tray fodder rack and start the mini coops/tractors/arks (in our case with all the rain)

scrub hatcher and reset for next goose eggs after these brahma's finish hatching

oh and Madam your diucks are past the half way point. Down hill from here and all 21 are going strong still.

Can I borrow your teenager? That's what I am doing today, and it takes ME forever. DH is working on my autowaterers today though, so I am not complaining!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom