Hatching Eggs / Paypal CHAT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hit the big 50 late next month. Time sure flies when you are having fun. I keep telling my 30 year old that he's old, but then he asks me if that makes me ancient. Twitt! I'm blonde, very light blonde, so I'll go white and its hard to see those white hairs, but my 30 year old has some grey in his brown. I think that's hysterical! Poor boy always getting picked on by momma! Then he reminds me I walk with a cane like an old lady. Snot.

I raised him by myself so he has my sense of humor.

Lol! I look young yet, but I swear I'm really an 80 year old woman. Many people have told me that I'm older than they are, even if I was born decades after them. I don't look forward to my "golden years", lol. I've had joint issues since I was 5, and they keep getting worse, so I can only imagine myself as a cripple long before my golden years. My sister BROKE her ankle and had surgery about a year ago and she was fully healed with no problems after about two months. Me? I twist an ankle and it acts up for months. The sprained ankle took 9 months and physical therapy and didn't get better until I went to a massage therapist. Then when we were moving, I lightly twisted the other one (the bad one) and it's still funked up. I can't afford the $80 to have the massage therapist work her magic on it or I'd be there in a heartbeat. And, my sister is now 30. How she heals better from a worse problem is beyond me.

I haven't even had the heart to check on them and the raspberries, because more doom and gloom is just more than I can handle for today.
hugs.gif

btw...I set my strawberries out and it frosted two days later....they survived no problem, so maybe yours are fine too.

Last edited:
Well said.
Such cuties! I'm REALLY hoping for 2 girls out of the 4, but with my luck they'll all be boys lol!

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! I do think that last one is a girlie though. We can always swap out more later though. Like in the fall when the pullets are laying good. You have better temps down there than we do up here in the deep freeze region. Of course I have zero issues keeping poults in the basement until they are acclimated. Hubby doesn't like it, but such is life.

I need to remember to check in with Celie and see if she got them sorted yet. She thought they would be less active being midgets. Then they flew all over and mixed in with the White Hollands. Pretty hard to figure out who is who until they grow out some.

Lol! I look young yet, but I swear I'm really an 80 year old woman. Many people have told me that I'm older than they are, even if I was born decades after them. I don't look forward to my "golden years", lol. I've had joint issues since I was 5, and they keep getting worse, so I can only imagine myself as a cripple long before my golden years. My sister BROKE her ankle and had surgery about a year ago and she was fully healed with no problems after about two months. Me? I twist an ankle and it acts up for months. The sprained ankle took 9 months and physical therapy and didn't get better until I went to a massage therapist. Then when we were moving, I lightly twisted the other one (the bad one) and it's still funked up. I can't afford the $80 to have the massage therapist work her magic on it or I'd be there in a heartbeat. And, my sister is now 30. How she heals better from a worse problem is beyond me.

Yeah having nerve damage makes me heal so slowly if at all. I hate it. Top that off with fibromyalgia and psoriatic arthritis and I need to look for things to laugh about. It's one of the reason I will raise poults in the house over the winter.

I don't usually chime in much, but I agree with the time limit. I have a couple of swaps I still owe (and several owed to me). I stress about getting them sent out, but have tried to keep in in touch with the other parties as much as possible. The issue I will run into with eggs coming in in the coming months is that our heat is going to cook them before I get them. We hit 101 yesterday :( I don't want to try to raise little chicks if I do get them to hatch, through these scorching summers. I like them to be started well before the heat overwhelms us all.

I also think it would be much wiser to pm the offerer before accepting a claim if you need a different ship date than what is posted. I ran into that when the person kept changing the date after she claimed eggs to be sent the next day. The birds had all gone broody when she finally (a month and a half later) decided she wanted her eggs, to be shipped the next day. It took a while to get her eggs out to her and she had the nerve to be mad at me about it. The new time limit might keep this from happening.

Yeah having nerve damage makes me heal so slowly if at all. I hate it. Top that off with fibromyalgia and psoriatic arthritis and I need to look for things to laugh about. It's one of the reason I will raise poults in the house over the winter.

Ugh. :hugs I get so frustrated with everything. I hate not being able to do what I want to do. Even when it's just my lack of strength and not limitations from the bipolar or joint issues. Limitations due to brain or body malfunctions are just frustrating as sin. The lack of diagnostics sucks too. I have medical paperwork from since I was 5 on my joints. X-rays and everything, and they can't figure out what it is. All I know is that my dad has the same thing, and they haven't figured out what's wrong with him either. At first, it was listed as growing pains, then attention seeking behavior (along with me clearing my throat all the time as a kid, which I found out to be dehydration, my throat was sticky), then finally they claimed it was because I was overweight. That doc I wanted to smack. I was 135 and 5'5 at the time, and three months prior to that, I was under 100lbs. The depo shot made me gain all that weight, so to have a doc tell me that I was fat and the cause of all of my joint problems (despite having been very UNDERWEIGHT for all of the years prior to that) was just frustrating. I do know that physical therapy to strengthen the muscles doesn't help, it makes it worse. They had my dad do that, because they claimed it was a weakness of the muscles that was causing all of the pain. My latest theory was actually a gut issue. I came across something talking about severe joint pains from Glucoamylase deficiency... I read up on it and it somewhat made sense... I had previously thought it was dehydration that was causing all of the joint pains after a night of drinking. That's my hangover... Severe joint pains to the point that I can hardly walk. I thought maybe it was the beer not digesting properly, but I think I'm off that theory now, because I can eat pasta and stuff like that without having the joint pains.

"The chicks you gave me are growing too big. Can I bring them back, I don't want them"
th.gif

Uh, nope. sorry. They're yours now, you can find new homes for them.

That's ALMOST as good as the guy who called, asked if I still had birds for sale then demanded my address. I was like, um, I don't usually give that out, when were you thinking you'd like to get them? I'm happy to meet you in town. I'm busy all day today and tomorrow. He said he'd call back. did he? nope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom