Hatching Eggs / Paypal CHAT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
without any coaching, my Husband is callling my Bantam Choc orps "the Spherical chickens."

(LOL) so I guess they are starting to look like real orpingtons!

Looks like I have one girl and two boys. but I suspect since I got all three from CPL that they are all closely related so I should just get rid of the boys? Not that I have plans to breed or anything, but I just cant keep roosters with no purpose no matter how cute they are (or can I? (((((head shake))))) no, Laura...no roosters with no purpose. bad, bad, bad)

but with only one, what happens if I lose her? I need another one just in case!
barnie.gif

Why do chickens have to be so fragile?

Flocks,

DH is actually entertaining the idea of bringing home poults if it can be arranged.
wee.gif
celebrate.gif
He said he could cover them up to keep them somewhat quiet on the trip.

without any coaching, my Husband is callling my Bantam Choc orps "the Spherical chickens."

Looks like I have one girl and two boys. but I suspect since I got all three from CPL that they are all closely related so I should just get rid of the boys? Not that I have plans to breed or anything, but I just cant keep roosters with no purpose no matter how cute they are (or can I? (((((head shake))))) no, Laura...no roosters with no purpose. bad, bad, bad)

barnie.gif

So I'm going to ask. Are you not suppose to have a closed flock? I mean you can't get rid of roosters if you have MG in your flock.

barnie.gif

But the boys are so much prettier than the girls. I love my chocolate rooster- he is just heavenly.

Just got my showgirls from cj! None are bearded, 2 are clean necked, all are bigger then my girls. They are all up in the roosts and complaining to each other after the trip. They did not stay stressed for long, lol.

I know I always say my showgirls are more fiesty then your average silkie, but this little crew clearly think they are rock stars.
(Cjexotics, not cjwalden)

Last edited:
MG flocks do not have to be culled, but MG flocks are REQUIRED to live out their life ON the property. You can not sell, give away or otherwise rehome any bird from a property that has a positive MG test. Even if the bird in question was never with the others, they must stay on site, or be culled.

without any coaching, my Husband is callling my Bantam Choc orps "the Spherical chickens." 

(LOL)  so I guess they are starting to look like real orpingtons!

Looks like I have one girl and two boys. but I suspect since I got all three from CPL that they are all closely related so I should just get rid of the boys? Not that I have plans to breed or anything, but I just cant keep roosters with no purpose no matter how cute they are (or can I? (((((head shake))))) no, Laura...no roosters with no purpose.  bad, bad, bad)

but with only one, what happens if I lose her?  I need another one just in case!:barnie

So I'm going to ask.  Are you not suppose to have a closed flock?  I mean you can't get rid of roosters if you have MG in your flock.  
There 's always freezer camp. MG birds are still edible.

Looky what I have...

Two that made it through a test of quail egg packing that was mostly a fail. But these two made it! Cute little guys! Yes, photo is blurry. Tell it to the phone!

I have a question.
I am just curious and want opinions. Lets say I offered a swap for 6 chicks, and I did not say that the customer was to pay for shipping. It then turned out I had to ship eggs instead. How many eggs would be expected to ship?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom