hatching faverolles chicks

Wow!!!! Congrats on your hatch! We had only one last night, another pipped but it started yesterday, and has not progressed so not sure if it's going to make it :(
We had to help the hatch last night. The shell was really thick, so I'm nervous that when we opened the incubator a couple of times we might have done more harm than good. Fingers crossed!

Thanks! Our last hatch, we had a couple that pipped and did nothing for almost 24 hours. Made me really nervous too.
I just had to assist one as well. Chick pipped and zipped and was unable to get out of the shell. I took the top off the shell and moistened the membranes so he could come out. So now i am at 11 chicks, one pipped. Not sure about any of the rest of them. Today is day 20 and day 21 starts at 8:00 PM ET tonight.

How long til your toes straightened out? We missed our 3 week old hatch, & never noticed her toes, but the one that just hatched seems to be having a hard time walking, and the feet are just all over crooked. It's only a couple of hours old, so I'm hoping things straighten out

None of them had any trouble walking, the their toes are still fused. Their last two, extra toes on all three of them. They have no problem getting around or flying. Hope your baby is just tired.

Where did you get your Faverolles? Bantam and LF?

From a breeder in central Wisconsin, I do not know if he sells generally, he was very kind and generous to offer me the chance to hatch some of his Faverolles.

I have some more in my new incubator now, they are day 10. 2 bantams, and 2 LF's, very high quality show birds, we are very excited for this coming fair season, my youngest daughter loves showing her birds at the county fair, We have had some success with a breeding pair of Black Cochins that we had bought as day old chicks from Duane Urch, I have hatched and raised chicks from them. The Faverolles are new to us, I lost one of the LF chicks this morning, not sure what happened just found it in the brooder box, It is a little different circumstance of location for this hatch, not at my home. the eggs I have set and are at day 10 are in my living room, as will be the brooder box when they hatch, I will be bringing home the Fav chicks next week. So I have 3 bantam's, and 2 LF's that are 1 week old.

Can you get a picture?

Here a pic of two of my favs feet.

From a breeder in central Wisconsin, I do not know if he sells generally, he was very kind and generous to offer me the chance to hatch some of his Faverolles.

I have some more in my new incubator now, they are day 10. 2 bantams, and 2 LF's, very high quality show birds, we are very excited for this coming fair season, my youngest daughter loves showing her birds at the county fair, We have had some success with a breeding pair of Black Cochins that we had bought as day old chicks from Duane Urch, I have hatched and raised chicks from them. The Faverolles are new to us, I lost one of the LF chicks this morning, not sure what happened just found it in the brooder box, It is a little different circumstance of location for this hatch, not at my home. the eggs I have set and are at day 10 are in my living room, as will be the brooder box when they hatch, I will be bringing home the Fav chicks next week. So I have 3 bantam's, and 2 LF's that are 1 week old.
I'm not sure who is in Wisconsin. Maybe he got his from Ron Patterson in IN.

There is a Faverolles thread in Breeds. There are people with bantams and LF there.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/268082/faverolles-thread/14440

I haven't even set up my pens yet. Too stinkin cold and icy.

Back
Top Bottom