hatching geese eggs

Well its all go still here in England
smile.png

Got 4 Dewlaps from one of the Buff females all in drawdown with their aircells and early shadowing has commenced so Im expecting Internal Pipping in the next 12-24 hours.

Got first Greenwing Macaw egg and next Blue & Gold Macaw egg just externally pipped and now in hatcher so they should arrive in 30 hours.

Just had the 'Incubation Guide' accepted for publication in the USA magazine Backyard Poultry and due for publication next month in UK magazine Practical Poultry. I've got a nice little payment and magazines from the USA magazine
big_smile.png

Then got to go to London this morning to collect my little boy as he had his 1st operation yesterday in Great Ormond Street Hospital. However its all gone well so big relief and home today
smile.png

Pete
wink.png

Well congrats are due all around!! Hope your son is okay.

Toulouse eggs are doing well. I'm getting discouraged with the dewlaps as I still cannot see bribing but I'll cont to turn, cool, mist, etc.

Hi

Yep I get it now! Thought you were offering bribes and sacrifices to the Goose Gods
bow.gif

The Dewlaps will usually show fertile after 7 days. They can be a problematic breed with fertility and in all honesty shipping eggs usually prove very difficult. With Dewlaps its much easier if you have your own stock or collect fresh eggs in person. Would the seller of the eggs consider selling you a sexed pair of goslings?? Also its well worthwhile ordering the best you can afford from Holderread as they're superb Dewlaps.

Pete
wink.png

Last edited:
You mean you can do that??!!
ep.gif

Bribe the goosey gods??!!
bow.gif

Yeah I'm gonna have to see I'll give them a few more days. It was day nine on my Toulouse before I could see veining well and today was day nine so I'll give it a couple more days before making a decision.
fl.gif

Gosling is 2 weeks old now but he seems to have a very itchy spot on his back. He is constantly preening it and has pulled out most of the fluff, it looks a little dry and flaky too. Any suggestions on what to put on it to soothe it bearing in mind it will probably be ingested? Thanks.

Well I've about given up on dewlaps. Day 12 and no development visible. I think I gave them plenty of time? Sierra-Napoleangoose, who I got them from is gonna work something out with me. She said it just wasnt fair that all aircells were loose. Not sure what we're gonna do.
On a good note the Toulouse eggs are doing well. Threw one out today for stinkiness. Been noting a alight smell for a couple days but wasn't sure which it was. Today I could. 2 developing really well. 3rd is dark all over under the aircell. Scared it may be going bad too. Not sure.... But I have 2 for sure!!! For now.

Back
Top Bottom