hatching geese eggs

It looks like a little alien and yes.....nothing cute and fuzz butt like about it, but they soon grow up to be beautiful. Congratulations Pete..thanks for the photo
thumbsup.gif

Love the goslings gofaster, they're such lovely colours, very cute, not sure I can say the same about your Macaw Pete!

Candled my batch no 7 and 100% fertility - 14 eggs, certainly don't have a problem with that
big_smile.png
. Batch no 6 hatching at mo, 5 externally pipped and one more internally pipped out of 9 eggs so fingers crossed all goes well
smile.png
. But lost the little guy who was struggling to absorb the egg, he was very strong and active but I think infection got in and he went downhill fast
sad.png

Hi All

There seems to be so many eggs and goslings to catch up on. Cant believe how fast those babies of Nicky's are growing. Also Maria seems in for a run of Toulouse eggs so cant wait to hear how those are doing.

Buffbeauty - hows all your eggs progressing now? The last picture did have some large air cells so you'll have to watch those. Sometimes that happens with eggs that have been stored longer. Even though incubation has not started some eggs do lose moisture slowly while being stored and these may need moving into average humidity to ensure they dont lose too much weight.

Worryhorse - I wouldnt hestiate removing the eggs from your broody female and candling them. Just nmove her out the way and work quietly and efficiently. Im pretty sure she'll return to the eggs you leave there.

Pete
wink.png

OH MY GOODNESS!!!

After some kind thoughts and replies to my various posts concerning the lack of hatching goslings, I went outside to check on her once again...

69642_img_20110516_134233.jpg

There is a total of three goslings!

Thank you everyone who replied for listening to this old hen!

Now isnt that fantastic and a great result.

Congratulations and I'll bet thats a lovely sight to watch them with their Mom.
thumbsup.gif

Pete
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom