hatching geese eggs

Hi Wolftracks and welcome to the thread
smile.png

You've not blown it but I would advise 2 things;

Keep your temperature slightly lower at 37.2C/99F for geese, your chickens will be fine but may be slightly late.

Once the geese eggs show fertile then remove from the incubator once daily to cool them for about 15 minutes.

Here's a hatching report that should help you.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=491013

Pete
wink.png

Quote:
Thank you!

They are at 99 now, so I'm doing ok there.

What's the first day I should candle? Also should I mist them before putting them back in or are they ok with a dry hatch?

glad to see everyone still useing this thread. sorry buff 300 is alot of money. i spent 100 on trout runner eggs and only have 3 ducklings. i know that hurt me but you must me hurting even more sorry it didnt work out.

well my broody goose kicked a egg out of nest. i thought for sure it was dead she kicked it out on day 12. it was 8 feet from nest it was out for 4-6 hours i think it was cold and in the shade outside on ground. i just stuck in it incubator and candled that night to my surprised it was fertile and had movement. so now it in incubator and doing good. i'n now on day 15. my brrody still has 3 eggs in her nest.

i also vent sexed my 3 goslings that i hatched a couple weeks ago. they were all boys even my white one. been practing vent sexing. the goslings were alot easier than the ducks i think because they are bigger and easier to make it pop out. lol i sold them all. i hurt because they were so cute.

Critterranch - thats quite a result with that abadoned egg thats now safely in the incubator - keeping my fingers crossed for you
thumbsup.gif

One of our broodies sat the last 4 for a couple of weeks before we took them. 3 were fertile but 2 had ruptured air cells due to clumsy incubation. They've just hatched earlier today and now that's it for our hatching season with the Dewlaps. We've no more eggs so a rest from the incubators for a while - feels kind of a sad but enjoying raising the youngsters
smile.png

80310_rotate15.jpg

Our last Dewlap goslings for 2011 hatched earlier today.

Pete
wink.png

Wolftracks - if you click below my avatar on 'View My BYC Page' you'll find links to other incubation threads that have useful information for you. Candle at abut 6-7 days to check for early signs of fertility and then start cooling and light misting daily.

Pete
wink.png

I've been reading everything I can that you've supplied. You have been great at giving so much help to everyone.

I'm handling tonight. Lets see how I've done so far.

Well Alison aka addicted2quack emailed me this evening. Apparently my emails have been going to her spam folder.
idunno.gif
anyhow she's not sure if she's gonna have anymore goslings but has a hatch going on right now and will let me know if she had any available. Cross your fingers for me!!!!!!

Crossing everything for you Buffbeauty, it's time you had some luck
smile.png
I had a mad spell a couple of days ago and ordered a load of turkey eggs off ebay, Red bourbon, Norfolk bronze and mistakenly now I've read about them Wild american Osceolas turkeys (what was I thinking!) so we'll see if I have any success with eggs through the mail, these will be it for this year.......you can bet the only ones to hatch will be the Osceolas turkeys!

Crossing my fingers you'll get some good luck here Buffbeauty. Even if they only have one Buff Gander then I'd go for it as you can source females next year. You can always raise it with a commercial gosling for company.

Maria - you've still gotr the incubation bug and now you're incubating Turkeys
lol.png

Pete
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom