Hatching GOOSE eggs in STILL-AIR incubator - HovaBator 1602N - HELP

M0therGoose

Songster
11 Years
Apr 1, 2009
Houston area, Texas
HI. I am trying to hatch 4 Sebastopol goose e-g-g-s in a Still-Air Hova Bator 1602N. Has anyone tried this in this particular incubator before? If so, tell me your experience--good or bad. I am having trouble getting consistent temperatures and humidity readings throughout the bator. I have 3 thermometers and a wet bulb and digital hygrometer in there ALL with DIFFERENT readings! I called GQF this morning and they said to go by the top of the egg thermometer reading only. I had a GQF cabinet incubator that stopped working the day before my sebbie e-g-g-s came in so this was the only (and best) incubator i could find on the spur of the moment! I am also wondering if the humidity is suppose to be the same percentage for a still-air as for a forced air and if not what? If you have had a successful goose hatch in this particular incubator before please tell me EXACTLY what you did--- ditto if you had an unsuccessful hatch. I have 4 Sebbie goose e-g-g-s in now that I started last night.---- I am having goose baby fever BADLY so they HAVE make it! Thanks!

PS. If you are interested in following me through this hatch let me know and i'll post updates and pics!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom