Hatching Grocery store eggs attempt

Pics
@Love my chickens 25 do you have updated photos of the chicks?
Sorry goat had baby last night. I’m getting up then going to check food and water for the chickens.
E46BDA8E-61F2-48C1-83F4-4A69DB9CB622.jpeg
E701A6A4-39F5-4A33-9D7D-B397D4F38381.jpeg
51A20632-F497-4959-920D-3838EFFC4FB8.jpeg
0F78E6C2-E29E-4671-B743-875F47653E5E.jpeg

They say they aren’t, I bet a rooster accidentally sneaks in from time to time because they free range and I got mine from the back of the fridge.@JadeFarms tip if you haven’t gotten them yet.
Yes you are right. The hens usually free range and it’s not uncommon for an accidental rooster to get mixed in. My point is, some grocery stores will actually carry eggs that have a “fertile” sticker on them. I have no earthly idea why. There’s a very low chance though, and you can easily just research the different brands to see which of them most often carry fertile eggs. I think Jade said that they have an incubator that holds 65 eggs. I don’t know how many eggs you have in there right now, but I would recommend putting two or three cartons in there, since the hatch rate is usually pretty low.

*I don’t know much about hatching so sorry if anything I said doesn’t make sense:)

Yes you are right. The hens usually free range and it’s not uncommon for an accidental rooster to get mixed in. My point is, some grocery stores will actually carry eggs that have a “fertile” sticker on them. I have no earthly idea why. There’s a very low chance though, and you can easily just research the different brands to see which of them most often carry fertile eggs. I think Jade said that they have an incubator that holds 65 eggs. I don’t know how many eggs you have in there right now, but I would recommend putting two or three cartons in there, since the hatch rate is usually pretty low.

*I don’t know much about hatching so sorry if anything I said doesn’t make sense:)
That makes sense, my incubator holds 12 if I put the egg turner in there and I’m not sure how many if I don’t have the egg turner. I just know it held 64 quail eggs without egg turner.

Back
Top Bottom