Hatching Guinea Eggs

peeps7

Songster
12 Years
Aug 26, 2007
North Carolina
I was wondering if anybody knew how to hatch guinea eggs? My grandmothers guineas started laying and she would like me to hatch some. What do you keep the humidity at, and the temperature? Thanks!!!

I treat mine the same as chicken eggs. They just take a week longer to hatch. I've had great hatch rates every time.

Donna
smile.png

I hatched guinea eggs last year with a hatch rate of 5 out of 8 from ebay eggs, which ain't bad. Be forwarned, they're eggs are thicker than chicken eggs. I believe I helped all but one.

There's a great book called Gardening with Guineas that is a must read, as well as a forum for guinea owners called the guinea fowl message board. Its loaded with info but not as organized as this forum.

Julie

My best hatch so far was from shipped guinea eggs, I incubated them just like chicken eggs, my started hatching on day 26.

So can I incubate them with my chicken eggs? My concern is when I bump my humidity up at the last 3 days for the chicken eggs. My crevecouer hen just started laying and I'd like to incubate her eggs.

Put the guinea eggs in a week before you plan on setting the chicken eggs and everyone will hatch just fine. Jenn

Back
Top Bottom