Hatching in brinsea octagon 20 eco ?

cluckers&quackers

Songster
11 Years
Aug 29, 2008
Vermont
I went with the brinsea as my 1st bator, so far I am very happy with it, my 1st batch of eggs are in and it has been very steady.

But as I look at my eggs in there, I can't help but wonder how my chicks will hatch in there? There is no room. I have seen chicks hatch before, and just can't picture a chick being able to wiggle out of it's shell there is no room. And even if they did there would be no room for them to move around.

I don't have another bator to let them hatch out in, I am not sure what to do when they start to hatch?

How many eggs do you have in there? I hatched 12 comfortably in mine. I removed chicks once (about half of them) which left more room for the later ones. I can't imagine much more than 12 standard sized chicken eggs fitting comfortably.

There's definitely enough room. I just hatched out a batch. I set in 24--all tht the bator could hold.

eta--I have hatched many batches in my brinsea, and I always fill it right up to capacity. I have pretty good hatch rates too. One thing I want to mention is to not open it up to take out a few here and there. they will be fine. if you keep opening it, the heat will fluctuate and you will lose humidity, which will affect your hatch rate.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom