Hatching incubated eggs in cartons?

How do you hatch?

• in egg cartons

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • lay the eggs on their side

Votes: 24 72.7%

• Total voters
I put it back inside the incubatorbut the problem is, The OUTER shell is pipped,there's like a white seal under the shell, why isn't THAT broken aswell? Why can't I hear CHEEPING? Is the chick sick??

Last edited:
Is there a reason you took it out? When you opened the bator you could have dropped the humidity too much causing the chick to get shrinkwrapped, which in turn will kill the chick.

You can either wait it out and see if it hatches or peel back the shell a bit and see if the chick is breathing and/or moving. The more you open the bator the more likely you are to have problems... Or kill the chick.

There may a tiny rip in the membrane that you just can't see.

Can you post a pic?

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!! EMERGENCY!!! when I took my egg out of my incubator it had a tiny chip! I candled it and the AIR SAC IS ripped into the egg, like the AIR SAC IS BROKEN!! PLEEEASE tell me what happened! I can't hear chirping and I felt a little kick when I was helding the egg! PLEEEEEEEASEE tell me what to do! Im really scared!

I put it back inside the incubatorbut the problem is, The OUTER shell is pipped,there's like a white seal under the shell, why isn't THAT broken aswell? Why can't I hear CHEEPING? Is the chick sick??

It sounds like things are progressing normally and you have no need to panic :hugs
What you have decried sounds completely normal. They dont constantly peep in the egg, they do a lot of resting and sleeping too. My advice would be also to leave the egg alone and keep the incubator closed and the humidity up to at least 65%.
It could be up to 24 hours before it hatches, it has a lot of things to do before hatch time.

Good luck.

I have always hatched eggs on their side with mixed results but that could be due to the cheap incubator i was using previously !!!

I have always hatched eggs on their side with mixed results but that could be due to the cheap incubator i was using previously !!!

LOL! That happened to me when I first started incubating. I had a cheap and nasty Chinese one and totally cooked my eggs :hit
Nothing hatched, nothing even developed and they all had to chucked away. The thermostat was way off when I double checked with one I knew to be correct.
After that hatch my next ones using that were not too bad, but the incubator needed a lot of babysitting.

LOL! That happened to me when I first started incubating. I had a cheap and nasty Chinese one and totally cooked my eggs :hit
Nothing hatched, nothing even developed and they all had to chucked away. The thermostat was way off when I double checked with one I knew to be correct.
After that hatch my next ones using that were not too bad, but the incubator needed a lot of babysitting.

Of the 3 hatches i did i got 3 each time .... so glad i finally have a good incubator now even though i am yet to use it !!!

HE'S ALIVE!! MY BABY CHICK IS CHEEPING SOFTLY BUT HE'S ALIVE!! THERE'S A TINY HOLE IN THE EGG!! I THINK HE'S ZIPPING SOON YAAY THANKYOU EVERYONE WHO HELPED ME!!!!

Yes I will!! By the way, if the tiny hole hasn't got bigger at all by tomorrow, should I make the hole a bit bigger, should I help the chick?

How is your chick progressing? You dont need to do anything for 24 hours after external pip. It should have hatched by then.

Back
Top Bottom