Hatching Khaki Campbells

great news!! the baby is all the way out of his egg, yolk sac for the most part in, he just looks like hes got a little outtie bellybutton! hes in the incubator drying off right now and resting but when he wakes up he peeps so loud! his eyes are open and hes a strong little sucker! thank you everybody who helped me through this, ill be sure to post a picture later!!

NICE, see your Patience PAID OFF. GOOD JOB MOMMA DUCK

Now the last one died when he was out, so it's VERY IMPORTANT that you keep him warm, make sure that temp is UP. For still incubators is should be around 101-102 but you need to verify the bator temp with another to make sure they are syncing. IF they are off, please make those adjustments..

Yours will need to stay in there until that belly button shrinks down and he is up and walking around, then he will need to fluff up.. OH and no more spraying him.

hes really fluffed up! he just hasnt gotten the whole walking thing down. i read somewhere that sometimes it is good to put ointment on the little bellybutton thing, one like neosporin but without the painkiller? i may do that just to prevent an infection and stuff. how long do those usually take to close up? and i also read something about sugar water to give them energy and i wasnt sure about that either

here's my little baby!!!

Once you put him in the broody cage make sure the temp is about 95 no need to worry about humidity at that time, Also try to avoid swimming lessons for at least one week, he's got to build up his own oils to help stay afloat. I would also get some Vitamin B complex, human pills and put a couple of pills in his water. This will help with his legs.

Other then that, you DID GREAT.....

Back
Top Bottom