Hatching log of a broody satin

Attachments

• 937E054E-A2A4-43B3-93FD-A80251B9AEA3.jpeg
    937E054E-A2A4-43B3-93FD-A80251B9AEA3.jpeg
    401.5 KB · Views: 9
I have chicks from McMurray that were sexed, but I have a mystery chick (straight run) that I really need to be a pullet because I have 3 other cockerels in that batch (1 I wasn’t expecting, but I’m ok with it), and the waiting is unbearable! :)
It is! And it’s still not over!

I peeked under her again and saw another egg had pipped, but no in the air sac... worried :( I’ check back on it tomorrow...

Egg number 6 wrong end pipper hatched! I *knew* sleeping was the right choice 😂

Egg number 1 also hatched.
View attachment 2716259
And hello world from Egg #3
(previously chilled egg)
View attachment 2716258

4/6

2 more to go....?
(hopeful)
Awesome pics! I can’t believe your girl is so chill with you handling the babies as they’re hatching!! Both times my hen’s hatch happened during the middle of the night so we saw nothing 🙁. Hope the rest goes smoothly!

Awesome pics! I can’t believe your girl is so chill with you handling the babies as they’re hatching!! Both times my hen’s hatch happened during the middle of the night so we saw nothing 🙁. Hope the rest goes smoothly!
I was up waiting at 2am 😬 and just got up at 5:30am to check... I couldn’t sleep well, even my dreams were about chicks (not) hatching, lol.

Paint is fine with me holding her chicks, but they peep (i would too if a giant flesh colored monster suddenly whisked me away from mommy.) and mommy would get anxious wanting to quieten them down, so I give them back pretty quickly.

Funny enough, #5 who I held a couple of times last night is chill with me now. She is also starting to explore. I should go hold the others more later 😁

Still 2 when I locked the coop up tonight. Dodo doesn't try to peck me at all when I touch the chicks. I hope she's protective of them to the other hens!
Yay! I was a little disappointed when I asked on here whether a tame hen will let me tame her chicks and a poster said they probably won’t.

But guess what, she does! And doesn’t seem to mind at all.

I’m waiting for the last one to hatch so I can play with them all!!!

:wee

Back
Top Bottom