Hatching my fridge eggs

Yes! It was a MagicFly. You could tell? I was so panicky about the lack of humidity controls - but it worked! It does have a fan. And it "auto turns".
big_smile.png
Thanks.
Yes, I thought I could tell but was not sure. I have looked at them on Amazon before.
Your hatch is a pretty nice result!

good job! I have hatched fridge eggs before, especially since I don't always have a rooster. currently I have 11 eggs on day five. In incubator...

And I bought a carton of eggs from my vet's fridge, they are for eating, but I am putting some in a diff incubator, and some under a broody.

I ended up with 100% hatch rate! I have three eggs siting in my counter that I want to hatch from another bantam. I'm wondering if I'd have more luck if I had washed them and put them in the fridge.
1f602.png
Now that I'm looking at all these fuzzy bottoms - I can't believe they were going to be food at one point. Now they will just be members of our flock for eggs and fun.
That's awesome! Did you have to fiddle with the settings much? Or was it fine out of the box? I am investigating incubators. :)

That's awesome! Did you have to fiddle with the settings much? Or was it fine out of the box? I am investigating incubators. :)

Pretty much out of the box fine? We checked the temperature for accuracy, put the water in the bottom, stuck 12 lucky eggs in and prayed. I had to refill the water twice.

Back
Top Bottom