Hatching Oct. 25th/26th can I go into lockdown a day late?

Laney

Songster
10 Years
Mar 25, 2009
Spring Hope, NC
Hey Y'all,

I have a bater with 10 eggs in it. I'm expecting 7 will probably hatch. I'm due to go into lockdown Thursday night, day 18, but I'm just now realizing that I'll be out of town in Greensboro seeing Celtic Women in concert! I won't be back until mid Morning Friday. I'll be making sure the Humidity is OK and on the high side before I leave and everything, but I'll want to candle them at night and pull out any of the ones I don't think are going to make it. (2 that I am very sure were clear the whole time that I have left in just in case I haven't been able to see, and one I believe quit around day 13).

I have to get back early on Friday Morning so that I can get my Pygmies over to the NC state fairgrounds by 4pm where they are showing on Sunday at 10 in case any of you NC folks will be at the fair! If you see anyone in the ring at the Pygmy show dragging uncooperative goats around, that will be us!

So, is it OK to go into a late lockdown, doing a quick candle of the eggs on Friday night and then leaving them alone? Also is a Styrofoam egg carton OK for hatching in?

Laney

Back
Top Bottom