1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hatching pheasant eggs

Discussion in 'Hatch-A-Longs' started by emptypot, May 4, 2017.

1. emptypot

emptypot New Egg

Aug 10, 2016
    Colorado
    This is my second season trying to hatch pheasant eggs, I've only been able to hatch two chicks on separate occasions. One died after 8 days,it was running around eating drinking.woke up the next morning and it was dead,all my eggs came from ebay.i have a good incubator just don't understand my troubles.

2. PD-Riverman

PD-Riverman Overrun With Chickens

Jan 14, 2012
    Conway SC
    I think I posted on another post you had about this but over looked the e-bay part. Hatching Shipped eggs can be a problem---some times. I tried to hatch 2 dozen Ayam Cemani eggs for a Lady----I took them out the incubator at day 14 because ALL were Clear---no blood rings or early deaths---All Clear. The woman that payed almost $500 for the 2 dozen eggs was fit to be tied----the Shipper/seller was a Scammer----got a lot of peoples money and ---did magic---Disappeared. Not that that's always the case----them being miss handled messes up a lot of them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by