Hatching problem - please help!

Pics
Just wanted to post a couple of pictures of the babies. They are so sweet and fun. The American Buffs each have such unique and charming personalities. The one Sebastapol that I started this post about is doing great! She is strongly imprinted to me and me to her. I gave them a loaf pan of water, just over 2 inches deep, to stick there bills into and she immediately jumped in and had a blast. They all took turns after. I didn’t think they would do that this young! I had to dry the little creatures off one by one.

Thank you everyone for your help, support, and encouragement. 🥰

View attachment 3519728View attachment 3519719View attachment 3519717View attachment 3519720View attachment 3519721
Your babies are so gorgeous I’m so happy for you! We just hatched 2 Sebastopol the other day and I feel that stress that you had 😞 it’s so scary when it’s time for them to hatch and all you can do it just worry about it but I’m so glad they are ok 🩷

Your babies are so gorgeous I’m so happy for you! We just hatched 2 Sebastopol the other day and I feel that stress that you had 😞 it’s so scary when it’s time for them to hatch and all you can do it just worry about it but I’m so glad they are ok 🩷
Congrats on your two new babies!! Were you able to sex yours by their color?

They are absolutely adorable. and waiting till 5 days is fine they will def be more stable.
But please don't sell them singly they really need to go in pairs or more. Make sure to print out a care sheet too.
It's always best to be experienced if vent sexing they can be injured. And they do this right after hatch too.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/reasons-why-you-shouldnt-keep-just-one-goose.1220102/
Is there a care sheet somewhere I can print out or would I have to make it myself? I am worried sick they aren’t going to know how to care for them!

The babies went for a big swim today. It was so adorable! Attaching pics for goose lovers…🥰
IMG_2595.jpeg
IMG_2590.jpeg
IMG_2574.jpeg
IMG_2553.jpeg
IMG_2543.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom