Hatching problem - please help!

It may just need more time. Maybe the one that just hatched will give the assisted one a reason to get up and get moving. Just watch the lively one don't trample all over that one. How's its navel area looking? I have seen members rec putting some tripel or neo on it with clean hands.
I haven’t turned her over to look at the naval area. Her eye is pretty swollen though. Probably will need something on it I’m thinking? Is this common? I will attach pics.

5 babies have hatched so far today and I’m so happy about that. None of the others were shrink wrapped. 6 more might hatch. The one I knew was going to die weeks ago. I could not stop her from losing so much weight even in the high humidity incubator.

IMG_2400.jpeg
IMG_2399.jpeg

11 of 12 ended up hatching!! Several full assists, but most went super quick (about 5 minutes) because I candled every hour or two and could tell they were ready or if movement slowed or stopped. One was badly mal-positioned making the air cell all of the sudden non existent. They came out just as healthy as those that came out on their own!

However, one is very bad off. I call her my ICU baby. Not much chance of her surviving. I learned a little too late to candle every hour to know when to open the eggs. I knew she was high risk with a little too much weight loss. We are on day 28 1/2 and I did not expect the dewlap Toulouse to hatch this early so I didn’t open her up early. That is the same reason for the one death. I considered opening her up on day 26 for all the weight she lost. I knew I didn’t not have enough experience for that!! I know that I will never do this again for sure now!!

With some babies still drying, there are 8 of them in the brooder. They trample all over each other. Are they going to hurt each other this way?

Navel looks good on first baby. Going to get terramycin tomorrow. I thought I still had some. Last question… what on earth am I going to do with all of these babies??
IMG_2423.jpeg
IMG_2422.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2415.jpeg
    IMG_2415.jpeg
    473 KB · Views: 3
They are adorable little ones and congratulations on all your hard stressful work!! What are you going to do? You’re not keeping them? I wish I was close my Toulouse Is broody and since she doesn’t lay she’d probably love to have a baby

They are adorable little ones and congratulations on all your hard stressful work!! What are you going to do? You’re not keeping them? I wish I was close my Toulouse Is broody and since she doesn’t lay she’d probably love to have a baby
I’m giving the buffs away for free too, I’m only going to charge for the sexed ones since I have to pay for it. I’m getting 3 sexed because there is an 88% chance that at least 1 of 3 will be a female. I have to factor my bad luck into everything, lol!

I hope they don’t hurt each other stepping on each other.
They are all pretty close in age. It is weird too. The first one was born at 3 AM and the last by 4 PM. It seems really weird with three different breeds that it would happen all in a 13 hour time frame. Now that actually was really good luck! 4 incubators all stuffed into a pile to be washed and sold!

Back
Top Bottom