Hatching problem - please help!

That is amazing. So your keeping them all until you know their sex?
Sending the shells express mail to iqbird testing tomorrow if they are dry enough. Only 3 of the Buff and the 2 dewlap. There are so many, I hope some get homes right away! Sebastapol is small enough we can keep that one whether it’s male or female. I hate to wait until the babies are 5 days old to get them homes, but with the weekend, results will probably take that long. Do you think I could try sexing them myself?

Just wanted to post a couple of pictures of the babies. They are so sweet and fun. The American Buffs each have such unique and charming personalities. The one Sebastapol that I started this post about is doing great! She is strongly imprinted to me and me to her. I gave them a loaf pan of water, just over 2 inches deep, to stick there bills into and she immediately jumped in and had a blast. They all took turns after. I didn’t think they would do that this young! I had to dry the little creatures off one by one.

Thank you everyone for your help, support, and encouragement. 🥰

3F4D2052-C539-4789-ABA1-36A32C94FD00.jpeg
03E82654-A966-4F6C-8FAE-B24BB8629703.jpeg
3A91AA76-F811-487A-9834-5B698EBE541E.jpeg
BE8B245C-95AB-41C2-BE93-7C7852B0D6EE.jpeg
81C9A5D4-2939-4428-825C-9DB876A1B2D9.jpeg

Attachments

• 63501344-CF97-4046-9C0D-5EE75D94BFF4.jpeg
    63501344-CF97-4046-9C0D-5EE75D94BFF4.jpeg
    202.4 KB · Views: 2
They are absolutely adorable. and waiting till 5 days is fine they will def be more stable.
But please don't sell them singly they really need to go in pairs or more. Make sure to print out a care sheet too.
It's always best to be experienced if vent sexing they can be injured. And they do this right after hatch too.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/reasons-why-you-shouldnt-keep-just-one-goose.1220102/
I was thinking that this morning too - I will not adopt out these babies solo! I have them advertised as “PET ONLY” and a phone call is required. I might even insist on bringing them. Yes, very overboard. I already love them too much!

I wanted to attach a before and after of the Sebastopol, Lemon. It turned out to be a very appropriate egg name! I didn’t know she would be so yellow amongst all the other dark babies. She ended up being a 12 hour assist. Did I mention…This incubating stuff is really awful! 😂

IMG_2370.jpeg

IMG_2478.jpeg

How are all the goslings doing today?
Still all good! Thank you for asking. 🥰 I was starting to worry I wouldn’t get homes for them because I’m so picky. Pretty sure they all have homes now, with one person still deciding. I did ask for a deposit to hold them because I don’t want anyone backing out and these guys losing time in a loving home! Doesn’t mean they still won’t back out. I’ve had prospective tenants back out and lose $800 deposits!

It’s going to be miserable parting with these tiny flying goats. The dewlap Toulouse have the most laid back sweet personalities the older they get. The American Buff have been incredible from day one. Little Lemon is a charming little boy (found out Sebastopol's are color coded, lol!) Max we can keep is 3. 😢 Pic is my lap at this moment. My husband calls it a “bouquet of geese” when they do this.
IMG_2506.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom