Hatching quail eggs, help!!

So I am new to chickens this year, and tried my luck with some hatching eggs. My bantam eggs went to 25 days, I opened them, fully grown, but were recently passed. I also got quail eggs, had them in a separate incubator, not thinking they were even doing anything inside, since 2 of the six didn't develope. Also the only 2 I couldn't see inside when candling. Anyway, lockdown started 4 days ago. Today I decided to open one to see if there was anything. I broke the shell at the air sac side, sure enough something is moving inside. Now I am not sure what to do. Do I continue and see if I can save the chick or keep it in the incubator, will it be ok? Help please! 😬:hit
Put it back in the incubator and walk away.

If it isn't ready to hatch on its own you taking it out of the shell is most likely going to end badly.

What day are you on?
Is today hatch day?

One of the remaining three eggs is hatching!!! Yay! Temps and humidity have also been good since I got another gauge in there. Its rockin' and rollin' in there!:jumpy:celebrate

Attachments

• 20220915_194313.jpg
    20220915_194313.jpg
    418.6 KB · Views: 2
Meet little nugget! The only quail egg that hatched. He is the cutest little thing. Such big personality in a tiny little body. He plays with me, jumps, and cuddles. I'm so in love!

Attachments

• VideoCapture_20220919-102431.jpg
    VideoCapture_20220919-102431.jpg
    608.1 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom