Hatching Roadside Stand Eggs UPDATED ***PICS ON PAGE 2****

Ok.. So this first chick is just the cutest.. I'll post pictures tomorrow.. Anyways.. It came from a light brown egg maybe on the medium to large size. Its yellow with greyish stripes down the back with long hair and hair on the legs... My question is would it possibly a cochin cross, I don't think silkie because it has 3 big toes. I have no idea what silkie eggs look like or what baby cochins look like.

This is a fun thread, how many do you have now. I would also love to see some pictures.

jumpy.gif

I tried just that. Got a dozen farmstand eggs and saw she had RIR's and sex links. She had them in her fridge but said she just picked them that day. I let them get to room temp. and put them on my older LG on 7/10/08 and the results are in: two
pipping started at 2:30am, two chicks zipped with assistance and finally came out at 7:15 tonight.
All of the others were developed but died in shell. I had some wiggly jigglies, but even with some candling and some very minor picking to see what was up inside, they were gone.
Anyways, they are on their bellys snoozing and peeping with their eye closed in the bator. Nice reddish color to them.

Quote:
I've got 4 mutt chicks in the barn that are about 4-5 weeks old-- from my egg lady's eggs. They were refrigerated when I got them, and at my house too, until I realized "hey, I'm putting eggs in the incubator tomorrow-- and have room!" I put six in, and 4 hatched.

The photo below shows the group that hatched together-- I have 4 RIR's and the 4 mutts. In the photo, the white one is one of the mutts, and the 2 others that have barred feathering coming in. This is over a week old-- they now have even more stunning coloring!! I will definitely be hatching more of her eggs! She has a mixed flock with a McMurray special rare roo as the daddy of them all. All I know is that she has some Barred Rocks, RIR's and Brahmas- more breeds too, but not sure of all of them.

P1010040.jpg

Hey Nurse Nettie,

Nice chicks... I just wish I knew what these guys came from... So here's the 3 that have hatched so far... They all have 5 toes and feathered legs, they came from light brown eggs. I'm thinking silkie's but I really have no idea...

This is the first that hatched... Daisy my kids have named her..(hopefully a her)
11472_006.jpg

The second that hatched... Cutie Pie my daughter named this one...
11472_005.jpg

The third one is Sleepy head according to my 8 year old.
11472_010.jpg

Thanks for the help...
clap.gif

Back
Top Bottom