Hatching time!-Need advice

So here's where we're at now. You can see where I chipped away a bit at the shell, sorry for the bad quality, I was taking it through the plastic.

Sounds to me quite normal at the moment. Try not to panic :hugs
From external pip to starting to zip round the shell can take up to 24 hours. Your chick sounds healthy with the chirping and the progress it's making.

@Yorkshire Coop All right. You don't think the membrane looks overly dry?
I'll remove the dividers now. The person I borrowed the incubator from said that she just left them in, and I happen to know she gets quite the excellent hatch rate.

Last edited:
No the membrane looks fine for now. I have the same incubator Brinsea octagon 20?

Chicks can become trapped in the dividers Brinsea reccomends to remove them. But the choice is yours. The egg looks quite normal. This incubator holds humidity well so there shouldn't be a problem with it drying out. Good luck with the hatch I'm sure it just needs more time.

No the membrane looks fine for now. I have the same incubator Brinsea octagon 20?

Chicks can become trapped in the dividers Brinsea reccomends to remove them. But the choice is yours. The egg looks quite normal. This incubator holds humidity well so there shouldn't be a problem with it drying out. Good luck with the hatch I'm sure it just needs more time.
x2. That pic looks pretty normal to me too. @Ducklvr If you see his beak going in and out, then that means he is working on getting the shell opened. It can take quite a bit of time for some of them. I, too, would recommend removing those dividers. The first thing I thought upon seeing them was how easy it looked for a baby to get caught in them and hurt itself.

x2. That pic looks pretty normal to me too. @Ducklvr If you see his beak going in and out, then that means he is working on getting the shell opened. It can take quite a bit of time for some of them. I, too, would recommend removing those dividers. The first thing I thought upon seeing them was how easy it looked for a baby to get caught in them and hurt itself.

All right. They are removed. I did it quickly. Glad everyone thinks he's normal. Hopefully we'll have a baby by tomorrow morning.

And @Yorkshire coop yes, it's a octagon 20, borrowed from someone, but it is my dream 'bator. If I was to ever be able to afford/have a need for one.

Last edited:
fl.gif
jumpy.gif

And @Yorkshire coop yes, it's a octagon 20, borrowed from someone, but it is my dream 'bator. If I was to ever be able to afford/have a need for one.

They are great incubators my other half was treating me so I went the whole hog and got the advance EX with humidity pump too. Would highly reccomend it, I know they are a little pricey but you can add the the pump at a later date as long as you have the advance model. Well worth the money. Has produced some great results for me.

Hope you are able to get one in the future. Good luck with this hatch :fl

Baby chicken number one made it! I see no other pips, so we'll see what happens with the rest of them.
Thanks for all the help and support!

Back
Top Bottom