Hatching timeline?

FauxintheCoop

Songster
Apr 7, 2021
I hope you all aren't sick of my questions haha I really appreciate all the kind people here who have replied to me :)

It's day 16 for my eggs and I'm seeing some cracking in shells, not a lot of wiggling/movement but definitely a few little wiggles.
How long does it typically take for a chick to pop out?

Edit: not sure if this makes a huge difference in hatch time but my temp has been a very consistent 99.5 and my humidity is hovering in the mid to high 50s (55-60)

I was extremely anxious for mine to hatch and shamelessly set up a stool in front of the brooder. I think watching paint dry would have been more productive, but I spent hours in front of it after I moved them into lockdown.

All hatched on the 17th day. All that did hatch, at least.

PS! My humidity was around 65, but my climate is pretty dry.

I was extremely anxious for mine to hatch and shamelessly set up a stool in front of the brooder. I think watching paint dry would have been more productive, but I spent hours in front of it after I moved them into lockdown.

All hatched on the 17th day. All that did hatch, at least.

PS! My humidity was around 65, but my climate is pretty dry.
I am right there with you, getting a see-through incubator was probably not a wise decision haha

The care sheet that came with these little fellas recommend 50-60 for humidity and I'm in central CA where our regular humidity is usually like 30-40 ish? Do you think I should bump it up a bit?

50-60% humidity is fine for hatching. I've had better success with 30% humidity during incubation than the higher humidity.

Chicks can take up to 24 hours from pip to zip, so be patient. You'll have chicks in the morning, I'm sure.
Thank you!! I was worried about it taking too long and them getting tired.
I really hope I wake up to a bunch of babies, but I'd love to see it happen too.

Well I didn't have to wait too long. This little baby is feisty
20220221_222952.jpg

Congratulations! What a perfect baby!

Not only do I have a stool by my incubator, I keep it in my bedroom so they will wake me up and I don't miss anything so no shame! I've been doing this for years and every time it's still a miracle.....it can take so long your heart feels like its going to break, or so fast you almost miss it....

Well done!

Back
Top Bottom