Hatching troubles first time

Countrygirl1985

Chirping
Dec 7, 2018
Hey guys,

I have already been communicating with a few of you about my Pekin eggs. I have 2 at 30 days and 3 at 27 days. One of the 30 day eggs has internally pipped (about 27 hrs ago) and I made an air hole with a screw to make sure it doesnt run out of air. My 3 at 27 days have small air cells, but MUCH BETTER than they were 2 days ago and EVEN THIS MORNING! My second 30 day egg is worrying me the most right now. Im attaching a picture. There is yellow stuff going into the air cell!

Attachments

• 20181208_223544.jpg
    20181208_223544.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 15
Hey guys,

I have already been communicating with a few of you about my Pekin eggs. I have 2 at 30 days and 3 at 27 days. One of the 30 day eggs has internally pipped (about 27 hrs ago) and I made an air hole with a screw to make sure it doesnt run out of air. My 3 at 27 days have small air cells, but MUCH BETTER than they were 2 days ago and EVEN THIS MORNING! My second 30 day egg is worrying me the most right now. Im attaching a picture. There is yellow stuff going into the air cell!
Do u see veins?

Maybe u didn't turn enough during incubation the yolk may not have been absorbed maybe u poked it. U need to get the humidity up if its to dry get a spray bottle with warm water and spray eggs if that don't help the chicks have already tire out and will just stay and die u have to pick him out but u have to wait until the veins have dried up. I like to pick around the top and use warm water on the membrane so u can see d veins if not remove the top portion of egg don't pull the chick out leave him in there but remove enough around the top so u can get the head from under the wing then leave the chick to get out by himself, place them in egg tray so its standing.

Maybe u didn't turn enough during incubation the yolk may not have been absorbed maybe u poked it. U need to get the humidity up if its to dry get a spray bottle with warm water and spray eggs if that don't help the chicks have already tire out and will just stay and die u have to pick him out but u have to wait until the veins have dried up. I like to pick around the top and use warm water on the membrane so u can see d veins if not remove the top portion of egg don't pull the chick out leave him in there but remove enough around the top so u can get the head from under the wing then leave the chick to get out by himself, place them in egg tray so its standing.
Keep checking them regularly as soon as the veins dry up and the chick can't get out fast enough it will die

How many times a day did u turn them, did u sprinkle water on the eggs during incubation? Pekins usually swim then sits on the eggs for a couple days

I turned them different numbers of times every day. Sometimes 3 sometimes 5. So does that mean that one has already internally pipped? Should i go ahead and poke an air hole in the top?

Back
Top Bottom