Hatching with cartons

So when it comes to hatching should i put the pointed egg into the circle space of the tube so that the plump end is resting on the side? I suppose that way it solves both the rolling and the drowning issue.
smile.png
I'll try it with this hatch once i candle in a few days to assess if any of the others are fertile.

I try and divide the bator so that when the first one hatches it can't get to the other eggs to toss them about. As i would imagine that they might fall off their toilet roll pedestals quite easily when given a helpful SMACK by a certain early hatching chick.
sad.png

I only tilt the egg slightly fat end up. I have heard of a chick zipping out of the wrong end so I get nervous. In both my hatchings, none of the eggs got knocked off. I do take them out after 6-8 hours after hatching and put them into another bator until they are fluffed up. It was a dramatic difference using the tubes.

Pic of Bantam Cochins hatching in egg cartons below. Just be sure and cut the sides of the cartons way down so that they can zip all the way around. (And be sure to point the same end up that was pointed up in the incubator!)

40221_8.jpg

Ok cool.

Great pic Coopa Cabana.

The eggs i have at the moment are half cochin half OEGB so i think they are going to make for some ugly chicks but i suppose i'll see in 12 days time.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom