Hatchlings Keep Dying

Lord I'm confused. @Pyxis is the resident goose hatching connoisseur, perhaps she can pop in. To clarify, the air cell is the empty part of the egg where the gosling first pips before externally pipping (breaking) through the shell. The large (fat/round) end of the egg is where the air cell is. The pointy end is where the gosling is.

View attachment 2614713View attachment 2614714

This thread may help you see what you're looking at better and thus be able to describe it to us better.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...me-all-pics-in-first-post-easy-to-see.658057/

Details on your incubator? Brand, temp, humidity?
Terribly sorry for the confusion. I’m not very good at explaining things. I’m also super new to raising Birds of any kind. I work with Dogs, Cats, and some Rodents so I may be using terms incorrectly. My remaining eggs have hatched without issue after misting the eggs. Thank you for replying! My incubator is a Still Air Incubator. It was the only one without auto-turners. The local Tractor Supply in my area only had auto-turners sized for Chickens so it would’ve most likely damaged the eggs or something along those lines.

Back
Top Bottom