HATE HEADACHES..remedies anyone??

Momagain1

Songster
8 Years
Feb 13, 2011
Central IL
ugh...

seriously I cannot deal with them anymore (today is obviously a whiney day for me)

I can only hope & pray that these results get back sooner rather than later...

My neck & face are feeling flushed...
my head is not responding to my regular OTC headache meds; but this is NOT a migraine..so
I cannot/will not take my migraine meds...they are too pricey & too powerful to use on a regular headache...this is an
annoying, dull, throbbing ache...

any natural remedies you all use??? I am desperate to try something...

usually I can lay down and fall asleep for a couple hours but I can't, Jeron has to be at prayer group at 6, dinner has
to be finished being made for the kids/hubby, hubby is outside trying to prep the run for the roof to get on tomorrow...

I'm finishing up canning for the day, the girls' room needs put back together due to us taking my bed down and putting
up the bunk beds for them...

this better go away soon; tomorrow I am a chaperone on my DD's field trip..I must feel better b'cuz I'm riding w/60+ 1st graders...

Peel and julienne an inch cube of fresh ginger, pour boiling water over it and let it steep for 5 minutes. Add a bit of honey and milk, drink, and you'll feel a million times better.

Works on migraines, too- mine don't respond to medicines...the neurologist says I'm one of the 'lucky' ones who can't get relief from and of the triptan meds.

Schmucky headaches!

This isnt a natural remedy but I use excedrin. The only thing that works on my headaches. Hope your head gets better. Nothing worse than a headache when you have so much to do. If caught early will even stop a migraine on me.

Quote:
Nope..normal for me is like 112 - 114 over 68/70 something like that I forget lol...

and when I was at neuro the other day it was 120/72 I think...she said it was probably nerves..it was ok.. "But we could bring it down a bit"
I then told her thats not my normal pressure..its usually a bit lower she said ok..

yeah the excedrin isnt working today on it..ugh..nor is the other stuff I can take alternate w/excedrin!

*8checking to see if I have ginger in a minute**

I have a headache preventative; the triptralyne or whatever meds..I'm supposed to start tonight..

Quote:
Nope..normal for me is like 112 - 114 over 68/70 something like that I forget lol...

and when I was at neuro the other day it was 120/72 I think...she said it was probably nerves..it was ok.. "But we could bring it down a bit"
I then told her thats not my normal pressure..its usually a bit lower she said ok..

yeah the excedrin isnt working today on it..ugh..nor is the other stuff I can take alternate w/excedrin!

*8checking to see if I have ginger in a minute**

I have a headache preventative; the triptralyne or whatever meds..I'm supposed to start tonight..

Yeah, I have tried everything, and the Maxalt, Imitrex, etc. family don't work on me, and preventatives don't either, except one which made me slur and forget words...no, thanks! Topamax also made me lose weight, but not at the cost of looking like a drunk, if you don't mind.

Ginder is an easy answer, and I will always be glad Resolution told me about it!

If it at all sinus related, you'll need to keep some Tiger balm around. A dab on each temple and one in the middle of your forehead, then cover your eyes and nose with a hot moist washcloth and lie down for a few minutes. Works wonders. There is also an acupressure thing that can work. Press firmly right at the place where your eyebrow starts on each side (in the center) - after about 40-50 seconds of pressure there, switch to firm pressure under your nose on your upper lip for about twenty seconds. If I can get it right, this always helps too. If you feel a little "tingle" or jolt when searching for the spot at your eyebrow, you've hit the right place.

two of those emergency packets and lots of water unless it's a migraine, then I recommend some private time with your hubby
wink.png
and then rest in a quiet dark place or just rest in a dark place. I used to get very bad migraines, but now I just get the trippy visual distortions. Some say Codeine works.

I suffer from headaches. Literally.Cannot work a normal job because of them. The best thing I can get to help ease is Therma care heat wraps.I get the shoulder ones and put it across my shoulder front to back,on the side that hurts the most.Sometimes a lil more on the neck.It does help most of the time.My prescription meds are $38 per pill so I try not to take them obviously,and I'm only allowed 12 per month. She put me on Blood pressure meds and it has actually helped.I do not have high blood pressure on anything like that. But it was something she wanted to try.As it's supposed to ease the blood flow,reduce pressure. Mine stem from Cervicogenic Migraines and was not helped by an accident with a big rig a fews years ago.

Back
Top Bottom