1FC9E609-DFD1-4028-A16D-396A20B57E47.jpeg
No I just feed them all! lol you should see them all that’s only a handful! Lots of babies right now. I feed 30-80 ducks and 2 sand hill cranes.

View attachment 1512085 No I just feed them all! lol you should see them all that’s only a handful! Lots of babies right now. I feed 30-80 ducks and 2 sand hill cranes.
So these are wild? Any consideration given or planning on how yours will integrate with the wilds? Do the wilds migrate? Asking as I'm expecting to have to figure all that out with
DSC_0005.JPG
wild geese at some point! We have a pair that have raised 7 babies each of the last two years.

So these are wild? Any consideration given or planning on how yours will integrate with the wilds? Do the wilds migrate? Asking as I'm expecting to have to figure all that out withView attachment 1512107 wild geese at some point! We have a pair that have raised 7 babies each of the last two years.
So pretty. I live in central Florida they don’t migrate. I’m not sure how they will integrate but I have new ones drop in all the time and it’s okay. I will have a coop for the ones I’m raising. So I don’t think I will feed them together for a while.

7BE3F2DB-B7A5-4AC8-806B-84BFD1E82D98.jpeg
CBF30324-B1BD-4F86-8DAF-AD1FB2C98ECE.jpeg
That is about where my temp is. I ran my humidity at 40% until lockdown then 75%. So far four of six hatched, one is still in the bator squeaking at me but not pushing out.
Wow getting the temp spot on is taking lots of little tweaking but once I find the setting I should be okay, right?

I have a hovabator with the water tray in the bottom, so this seems like a dumb question but how do I put water in it without disturbing the eggs, it would seem I just pour it in without pulling anything out, is that correct?

877103E7-4DAC-4C05-BB62-14BD5B1A7DAC.jpeg
Got the temp right sbd got eggs today’ I’m going to Let them settle for 24-48 hours then put them in the bator!

Quackers egg was tiny by comparison, hmmm ? Are they always about that big? For reference I got Pekin, Rouen and they are all approximately similar in size.

View attachment 1512374 View attachment 1512375
Wow getting the temp spot on is taking lots of little tweaking but once I find the setting I should be okay, right?

I have a hovabator with the water tray in the bottom, so this seems like a dumb question but how do I put water in it without disturbing the eggs, it would seem I just pour it in without pulling anything out, is that correct?
I use a turkey baster.

Back
Top Bottom