Have a a big problem been losing poults.

Yes, that's the report.

Looks like Infectious Coryza.

Do you have any birds that are sick now or have the symptoms cleared up?

Infectious Coryza makes birds carriers for life, so any new birds you introduce can become sick from the disease. You may also notice symptoms flare up during times of stress like molting, flock upsets, weather changes, etc. Keep your flock closed, this means no selling or giving away hatching eggs, birds/chicks or showing birds.

It would be a good idea to have a Sulfa antibiotic on hand as suggested in previous posts. This way if you do have any that become symptomatic you can treat right away.
They have all cleared up. Sulfa? I have Tylosin, LA 200. Terramycin and Vet RX. But sounds like I need to add something else.

Yep I listened to my voicemail again and he definitely said it was not Coryza or anything nasty 🙄. But after the test results came and you all helped me out I see that there is. So how do you get it? I know my coop was dusty before I washed it down or would it have came from a wild bird? This just sucks but looks manageable until they’re all gone.

Also looking at the report again it says Avibacterium sp NOT paragallinarum so does that mean it’s not Coryza? Or what.

Also looking at the report again it says Avibacterium sp NOT paragallinarum so does that mean it’s not Coryza? Or what.
It says it is highly suggestive of Coryza.
Your bird was very sick. Are more showing the same symptoms?

It says it is highly suggestive of Coryza.
Your bird was very sick. Are more showing the same symptoms?
They are all doing great now. And that’s what is confusing me also. I read that and then read the test results. I think when they done the necropsy they wrote that everything they are seeing suggest it was Coryza but looks like when they got the lab results it showed it wasn’t. 🤷‍♂️ I’m not arguing but just confused

They are all doing great now. And that’s what is confusing me also. I read that and then read the test results. I think when they done the necropsy they wrote that everything they are seeing suggest it was Coryza but looks like when they got the lab results it showed it wasn’t. 🤷‍♂️ I’m not arguing but just confused
I read it as they think it's Coryza but didn't specifically test for it but will for extra money.

If another starts showing signs have it specifically tested for it.

Yep I listened to my voicemail again and he definitely said it was not Coryza or anything nasty 🙄. But after the test results came and you all helped me out I see that there is. So how do you get it? I know my coop was dusty before I washed it down or would it have came from a wild bird? This just sucks but looks manageable until they’re all gone.
It's not from a dusty coop although that probably isn't helping.
The first place to look would be the last person you bought a bird from.

A lot of people sell sick birds...sometimes they know they have a disease in their flock and sometimes (highly unlikely) they don't know.

You gotta be very careful about adding to your flock.

They have all cleared up. Sulfa? I have Tylosin, LA 200. Terramycin and Vet RX. But sounds like I need to add something else.

It's good they cleared up and are doing good now!

If they responded to Tylosin and/or LA200 then you may not need a sulfa antibiotic to have on hand.

The results are bit confusing, it looks like they would have gone ahead and officially tested this way they could have given you a definitive answer, but I suppose they wanted extra $$$.
At least you have some info going forward. If you see anyone presenting with symptoms, then treat them right away to get on top of the symptoms.

Back
Top Bottom