Have a bad feeling. Day 21 nothing.

Thank you. You are very right, I’ve learned an insane amount in the past 21 days , lingo, good practice, technical things, patience and only JUST a taste of the extensive information involved in chicken keeping. I’ve fallen asleep on tables watching over incubators, raced around IKEA for large brooding containers, spent late nights researching emergencies in case I ran into issues, research food, gosh the list continues it’s been a very fun, exciting , frightening, sad, beautiful and sobering experience to say the least. Def an experience my family will never forget. What a journey! There’s an egg with a very wiggly baby in there… I’m just hoping it joins us soon. Still no internal pip but def up against that air cell. If it hasn’t pip’d by tommorow afternoon I have a big decision to make, but as long as it keeps going I’ll keep going too.

Thank you. You are very right, I’ve learned an insane amount in the past 21 days , lingo, good practice, technical things, patience and only JUST a taste of the extensive information involved in chicken keeping. I’ve fallen asleep on tables watching over incubators, raced around IKEA for large brooding containers, spent late nights researching emergencies in case I ran into issues, research food, gosh the list continues it’s been a very fun, exciting , frightening, sad, beautiful and sobering experience to say the least. Def an experience my family will never forget. What a journey! There’s an egg with a very wiggly baby in there… I’m just hoping it joins us soon. Still no internal pip but def up against that air cell. If it hasn’t pip’d by tommorow afternoon I have a big decision to make, but as long as it keeps going I’ll keep going too.
Any updates on how your hatch turned out?

Any updates on how your hatch turned out?
Good morning 😊
Unfortunately only two made it. 2/5 hatched. The others never even internally pipped. It was so heartbreaking (not going to lie I don’t think I’ll ever be hatching again I’m too emotional for that)

But here are my crazy silly babies 🥰 they are 2 1/2 weeks old right now

20661CCA-9CBA-4CC8-9403-A2D62C627CF4.jpeg

0ABFDD47-46E9-4200-8AAC-4EDE62AD8503.jpeg

Good morning 😊
Unfortunately only two made it. 2/5 hatched. The others never even internally pipped. It was so heartbreaking (not going to lie I don’t think I’ll ever be hatching again I’m too emotional for that)

But here are my crazy silly babies 🥰 they are 2 1/2 weeks old right now

View attachment 3145316

View attachment 3145317
Happy for you! It's unfortunate the others didn't make it, but I'm sure glad you had 2 hatch. Just one would have been very tough - single chicks are a LOT of work.
They're super cute!

Thank you, it was crazy I thought as able to catch both their births and record them hatching with my kids it was a magical experience. Beautiful core memory 🥰 the black hatched on day 21 and the other on day 22. Happy they have each other ☺️

Thank you, it was crazy I thought as able to catch both their births and record them hatching with my kids it was a magical experience. Beautiful core memory 🥰 the black hatched on day 21 and the other on day 22. Happy they have each other ☺️
Wow, thank you for sharing your hatch with us! So sorry the other ones didn’t make it, but so glad you have two sweet little ones to love on. Best wishes to you all! 😊

Back
Top Bottom