Have a few silkies... Roosters or hens?

okie-chick93

In the Brooder
Mar 22, 2017

Last edited:
How old are they? Silkies are very hard to sex before 4-5 mos. of age and sometimes not till they crow or lay eggs. I'd really like to see the three white ones in separate photos, with the crests held back to display full combs.

The Buff one looks to be a rooster to me...that's a really full comb and wattles, and very red (which indicates some mix blood?) as they should be black.

I've no idea on the 3 whites...they look tall and lanky, which can be a male trait, but juvenile girls can be lanky too. I'm getting maybe vibes of a couple of roos and maybe a pullet in the whites, but that is only a guess.

I agree with Diva...full comb shots may help and ages.

LofMc

The white ones were 7 weeks old February 5th. And the orange one is around 4-5 months old. I'll get better pics of the white ones I guess they r too young though. So the orange ones a rooster? Like pretty sure??
The white babies r super skidish but prob too young

I already have a rooster that's not a silkie and he's very friendly and I only want one rooster. So if the orange one is a rooster I hope I can find out sooner than later :/ I thought it was a hen but not I'm thinking it might b a rooster? I have no idea

Back
Top Bottom