Have I defied all odds? A Buff Orpington Mathematical Anomaly?

idahomama

In the Brooder
11 Years
Mar 13, 2008
Statistically speaking, my 7 balls of fuzz should not all grow up to be roosters BUT, I think I have defied the odds. If I'm right, I'm definitely going to start playing the lottery

Opinions please! These suspects are about 6-7 weeks old. All have attitude and none wanted their picture taken which again leads me to believe they are male.

Round 1: Suspects A & B
100_2276.jpg
100_2277.jpg

Round 2: Suspects C & D
100_2278.jpg

100_2279.jpg

Round 3: suspects E & F
100_2280.jpg
100_2281.jpg

Round 4: Suspect G
100_2282.jpg

I see a chicken fry in your future. Supsect b is the only one I'm even doubting a little. The others well, they're going to be nice alarm clocks soon.

I don't know, compared to D everyone else's wattles and comb look much smaller. I wouldn't scratch them all off as of yet. My one BO pullet started getting pink at 5 weeks, and developed slightly, but hasn't gotten much bigger. My BA's put me through torture last year trying to figure it out. One of their combs and wattles seemed Really large for a hen. So, give it a little more time. 'A' and 'B' seem to be good candidates for being pullets. Don't you think most of them would be closer looking to 'D' if they were All roos? That's my guess.

Last edited:
Here is my buff Orp pullet at about the same age.
12477_buff.jpg

Looks like you have roos.
roll.png

ETA: Mine looks younger, actually. But I still think you're right about the roos.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom