Have Just Put Eggs In Tonight 9th August 2011, Anyone Want To Join?

If the embryo has died and left a blood ring, you will definately know it!! It will be a solid semi-bright red line, usually in the middle of the egg but can be on either end. That red line will seem to be stuck to the inside part of the shell and run the full circumference of the egg.

Those were candled on day 10 but already 3 and 4 look the same as 2, I think number 3 was hiding when I candled, the only difference between 2,3 and 4 now is that when I candle 2 it wriggles all over the place while 3 and 4 are unmoving.

Quote:
So what can it be in egg number 1? As there is most definately not an embryo in there just the ring of veins?
They do run entirely round the length of the egg though.

Quote:
So what can it be in egg number 1? As there is most definately not an embryo in there just the ring of veins?

Egg 1 does look like pics of a blood ring. I think...
hu.gif
It does not look like these pictures @ day 11. https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=261876

Quote:

I see what you're saying about the veining but not definate dark spot (embryo). It may not be dead. It may be a late developer, it could have gotten shaken up (if shipped eggs), it could develop in the later days of incubation but never hatch due to several reasons. As a rule of thumb, if I see veining I leave it until day 18, lockdown, and if it hasnt changed or i can certainly tell that it will either not hatch or hatch out very weak and need too much attention to survive I cull the egg on day 18. Survival of the fittest in a way.
cool.png

Thanks, I was worried that it might explode, as although it has been getting veinier, its only been getting more veins in that circle around the egg and still no dot, and I didn't want to risk the others if there was a chance it might burst.
big_smile.png

I know, I just went out and bought chick crumb and egg food all ready today!
big_smile.png

Its gone quickly so far but I know as soon as I start lockdown its really going to drag!!!
lol.png

Down to 8 eggs.
sad.png
Which was really concerning because there was 9 on Sunday night after I candled. I was thinking maybe I have a snake but it would have to be the biggest garter I have seen to eat eggs in Michigan
ep.gif
. After tearing up the coop and the dog cage with my broody it appears she has broken another egg. There was egg shells in the bottom of the best and I could smell rotten eggs. I hope the rest of the eggs still hatch.
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom