Have you bought chicks from Tractor Supply this spring?

I bought three Sapphire Gem chicks at TSC (only choice other than straight run Marans). They are a trendy new sex-link hybrid but from Plymouth Rock stock and very docile/sweet (the gentle temperament with other birds is what sold me on them plus the stunning blue color).

The broody was thrilled to have chicks to raise and I am thrilled to have her do all the work outside in the coop!

1650893740445.png

Question for anyone that has recently bought chicks from tractor supply. In my state (and probably all states) we are asked to provide our name and address when purchasing chicks. Does TSC ask for I.D.? Or do you just fill out your name and address yourself?

Do they still have a 6 chick minimum?

I just bought 12 chicks, 3 different breeds at rural king last night.

All they wanted was my money. They didn't ask for ID, address, just my money. Lol

Question for anyone that has recently bought chicks from tractor supply. In my state (and probably all states) we are asked to provide our name and address when purchasing chicks. Does TSC ask for I.D.? Or do you just fill out your name and address yourself?

I was never asked my name but I am signed in the rewards program that may have the info . They also had a 3 chick min. But while I was there I witnessed them selling 2 chicks, 3 chicks to seperate people. I never heard them say there was a minimum or saw any sign starting that.
I bought 8 chicks but only ended up with maybe two of what I thought I was getting. I waited n made sure , took picks and showed the manager what had happened and she refunded what I paid for my chicks. I was allowed to keep the chicks because they are done selling chicks until fall. I told her I only wanted refunded for 6 of the 8 because I believe they got the Isa brown and the golden comet correct and I wanted to be honest.

In TX I had to give my address but not show any ID. The cashier stated it was a USDA requirement. When I looked into it (because it just felt invasive), there's actually a descent reason that isn't tied to avian influenza but animal disease and epidemiology in general. The USDA has it's own APHIS system for tracking the movement of animals sold in the stream of commerce. So, for example, if a hatchery that supplied TSC with chicks was the source of a disease, they'd have a duty to notify everyone who purchased there.

We have a 4-chick minimum, 2 duck minimum.

I live in Missouri and bought 2 batches of chicks. I did not have to fill out any information and minimum chick purchase was 4 chicks at a time.

I purchased 6 chicks this spring. I live in L.A. and there was a 4 chick minimum at my store and they did not ask for ID , I simply paid and left . I assume it is your state Agricultural Department laws are different wherever you live.

It is depending on your city & state ordinances.
Where I am at (Central Valley, CA) I did not have to show License or any form of ID’s. but I was required to buy a minimum of 4 chicks or 2 ducks or a combination of both (2 chicks and 2 ducks)

Back
Top Bottom