Have you ever injured yourself????broken bones welcome here!!

Quote:
Same here my mom said I died after she gave birth to me and it took a while for me to come back. After that I was put in the bator

Last edited by a moderator:
Quote:
Ummmm I think you missed the M.........
gig.gif

I broke 2 bones, First you all have to know how I grew up.

I was a farmers daughter and hard work was a thing I loved.
besides the farm work, Dad logged every summer and we helped. We cut tree's everyday on the Mountain and loaded trucks to sell fire wood all summer. Most people I knew back then used wood stoves. And some times we were paid extra to split it with the axe, We also had to store enough for our house. We had a wood heat stove in the living room and an old fashioned cook stove that we used all winter long.

We also had a stone quary on the mountain and dad would cut flag stone to sell to big companys that resold it for land scapeing.
This is to tell you how strong I was for a young woman.
One day while working on a peice of equipment I broke my finger while trying to help turn a iron wheel that had seized up, my grip and upper arm was stronger than my finger bone and it snaped.
WHAT A SURPRISE THAT WAS
ep.gif

Then one day while loading a flat bed I saw that dad was loosing his grip I knew if I did not move fast he could be hurt bad. So I jumped from about 15 feet up and only landed on one foot. it snapped but I still made it to the back of the truck to help dad stable the load.

I am older now but still proud of the fact that I can carry 100 pounds of feed. Its not easy any more but I can do it.

Hubby broke both arms in a motorcycle accident and last winter cracked his sckull at work.
I told im to knock it off we were getting to old for this crap.

big_smile.png

I've been pretty darn lucky - in fact I'm scared to write this... I've never broken a bone.
I've had stitches a couple of times, tore open my legs a few times roller skating, riding horses and getting into my moms beatle (it had wire sticking out the back of the front seat, every time I got in I tore my leg open - three times before I figured it out!
gig.gif
) Fell on an escalator, running UP the down side - tore my knee open.
I had stitches under my eye when I was 13, almost popped that eye right out, so I was actually lucky!
My worst "injury" was a c-section in 1999..... I refused to go back to the hospital unless its an EMERGENCY... my daughter was born at home 4 years later. It was well planned, and we were educated (hubby and I) and we did have a midwife.
I got bucked off my horse a few months ago - got whiplash and could hardly walk for a week. (had helmet on so head still OK
gig.gif
)

Other than that, my hubby has had his fair share.... most recent was breaking both legs in a work accident.

Quote:
You are exactly like my DH, he really thinks electrical tape is a bandaid.
big_smile.png

My husband uses Caulking (or something like that) to close up any cuts - its gross!

Last edited:
Ooohh fun!

1. Broken leg - I think I was 5, brother slammed it in car door
2. Cracked front left tooth in half – Playing catch with cousin at night and plowed into the back of a dark truck.
3. Broken one wrist one time the other 2 times (one was so bad they had to re-set it and cast. 2 weeks later they notice it has “shifted” and remove the cast and re-set it again (really hurt).
4. Cracked front right tooth in half – Neighbor swung a log and hit me in the face
5. Cracked the front left tooth in half (again) – Playing dodgeball in middle school. They ran out of red bouncers, volleyballs, and soccer balls… had to play with basketballs (great idea, I know). I was last person on the team left and a huge guy threw the ball at my waist. I tried to catch it but it swept me off my feet and I planted my face straight on the asphalt and cracked the tooth off. Only thing left was a two steel poles hanging down from a bit of tooth (from the last time they fixed it). Hey, at least I got him out!

Childhood was broken bone free;although I had growing pains from shin splints due to over-active pituitary gland;I finally topped out at 6ft 8inches...average for rest of family is 5ft 11 inch men, 5ft 6 inch women. Oh, at 5,had infectious hepatitis "B". When I was working as Head lifeguard,at the county swimming pool,I was trying to throw out a guy,who sucker-punched me in the nose,resulting in a deviated septum and a busted nose....the guy had both shoulders separated and a busted wrist-forearm combo.

I spent 24 years in the military and had a few,well several, accidents during my tenure. During a rapid loss of elevation that exceeded established nominal operational envelope requirements,while aboard a Comanchee Helo,(AAA hit to rear turbine rotor and we dropped like a stone from 4Kft) I suffered from broken RIGHT tib/fib/femur;pelvis;wrist/forearm/humerus and three cracked ribs. I had to learn to walk again after many months of surgeries and rehabs. Driving along in the middle of Nowhere,SW Asia,at about 45 mph,our HMMVR passenger rear wheel caught a land mine;caused us to flip twice and forward momentum slammed us into this rock wall that seems to be ever-so-present in the mountains...I didn't walk away from that one either. Fractured RIGHT tib/fib/knee,2 cracked ribs,dislocated shoulder,collarbone and cheek bone. I had 17% coverage 3rd degree burns from land mine diesel fuel fire. I didn't walk away from that one either and had to learn to walk again for third time. Was considering quitting the military at this point...but I re-enlisted. Two years later,while on a training mission in Thailand,the C-130 developed a double catastrophic engine failure and that rapid descent thing happened again. It was 4 days before rescue teams got me and three others out. We were deep in tropical forest in rather inaccessible area. There were 26 aboard originally.

During Operation Desert Shield/Storm,five of us on a fire team were pinned down in an adobe house,just 6 Km from Kuwait City center,when a RPG hit just one foot in front of the threshold of the front door. The resultant fire blast and shrapnel cut through my upper left arm/elbow;my right wrist was nearly severed clean off-hanging by a tendon and some skin. More gashes and 3rd degree burns. I still set off the metal alarms at airports from the embedded shrapnel. First "Wrong Place-Wrong Time" medal awarded. Fourteen months later,on a Presidential-directed operational mission in some Central American country,after a gut-wrenching HALO jumo,while I was 'hot-sticking' a three-pot for Mission Essential Power (MEP),in the wee hours of the morning,I was hit in the left shin,by a sniper,with a large caliber weapon,lost balance after my leg was now broken,fell into phase at 660 VAC unlimited current,fell off the utility pole,unfortunately luck wasn't with me because I hit the ground,hard I might note here and all all of this kind of ruined my day;if you know what I mean.

So,I was laying there,in a philosophical,meta-physical frame of mind,considering if I should just take it easy and take a permanent snooze when the wall of pain hit me? Or not. It is really difficult to put in words...any way,back to life and the living! The end result was internal third degree burns,from point of contact (palm-RIGHT hand), through arm to elbow,across lower abdomen down left leg stopping at the bullet wound. The bullet wound burn site never did heal nor did the compound fracture,infection set in. I developed osteomyelitis,which is a chronic bone marrow infection. This went on for 11 year and the had the leg amputated in the end. Suffice to say I had many injuries,18 fractures in all and had learned that I had a spiral fracture on my right ankle from the parachute jump before I got shot! This was my second award of the "Wrong Place-Wrong Time" medal. After this accident,I was "asked" to retire. These past 15 years I'm happily married own my slice of paradise and I farm for fun!

In retrospective,if given the choice of whether to serve the country or not,even if I knew all of this would happen to me...I'd do it all over again! Where do I sign up!!! There's no better place on earth and there has never been in all of history! It's worth every drop!

All Y'all take care!

Back
Top Bottom