Have you heard, roosters are not chickens

Sent to the program manager:
Dear Eric,

I was appalled to hear the ridiculous lies being espoused as fact on yesterday's programming. How can you expect people to believe ANYTHING your hosts and reporters say when they assert things like: "a rooster is not a chicken! It is a different animal. Only chickens are eaten."

Roosters are male chickens. We probably eat MORE rosters than hens (female chickens) since hens are often kept for laying eggs. See wikipedia (or ANY encyclopedia): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rooster

or
from Merriam-Webster dictionary: 1 a: an adult male domestic chicken

Please, please, please demand that your radio hosts RESEARCH THEIR FACTS before spewing this sort of junk.

Thank you,​

Just my e-mail

barnie.gif
he.gif
he.gif
he.gif
Maybe you all should call some of the local poultry farms in your area that raise "chicken" you by from the grocery store. FYI they are rooster's . The Hen's are put in the hatchery, so that you can have more roosters to eat. Female chickens = hens, male chickens = rooster the things you eat from KFC, Church's, Popeye's whatever chicken resturants you all have up there. Have you ever though about it? Really if you only eat "chickens" as you say are hens then how would you keep up with the supply for eggs and meat. DUH! Obviouisly you guys did not do a google search. And maybe you need to visit our website and learn about "Chickens" www.backyardchickens.com you have made us laugh a lot today.

Aimie

I never heard of that station. But I just put it on to see if there is any feedback on all your e-mails.
smile.png

It's on NOW!! They are reading JJ letter !!!! And Stacey's !!!

Last edited:
How are they handling it? any mea culpa's? I think they could use some input from

New Jersey Poultry Products Promotion Council
P.O.Box 330
(609) 292-5567
(609) 984-2508
Trenton, NJ 08625 0330

Well, that just goes to show you - they must be idiots. They just laughed it off, and went on to the next scheduled topic.
roll.png

yeah, I got a strange reply from the program manager: thanks for making my day, that was really funny........

So.... wht type of radio show was this on originally? Do you think they said that stuff just to provoke these responses??

(I can't beleive they read my email on the air. How embarrassing! Are they allowed to do that w/o getting my permissioin?)

This reminds me of the Seinfield ep where George's father was going on a rant about what a chicken, hen and rooster were and who has sex with who.

Bingo! That's exactly what I thought. "So's who's having sex with the chicken? They both do!"
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom