Have you seen egganic industries new Coop?

From the size, I wouldn't want to put more than a couple of bantams in it. Clever idea though. It wouldn't be difficult to make at home, and would be a lot less expensive.

I thought 'Stealth Coop' was a good, funny name. I wouldn't pay $500 for it, but those cheeky guys sure are enablers.

'Here chicken outlaws! When you get caught with some birds, make sure it's in our chintzy garbage can jailhouse!'

Like another poster said, if I'm getting caught... heck, I'm going out with style, not in a garbage can.

That thing is tiny! I might use it for a broody with chicks / a sick chicken / isolation for a couple of new birds, but not permanently!

I'm sure I could knock up something similar much cheaper as well!

Pleaseeeeeee nobody buy it, it is disgusting and if they tried to "house" a chicken in that in this country they would be arrested!.... the RSPCA would have them for that......nobody can be that desperate to have a chicken so much, that they would imprison a bird in that...and if they where that desperate they cannot be real chicken lovers, my goodness would think inmates in a prison are better treated.....getting mad now at the audacity of the firm involved...gets off soapbox and tries to calm down.......... wouldn't keep a mouse in that contraption let alone a chicken...mutter mutter from English Chick.....arggghhhhh

Quote:
I've seen worse, EC

However it appeals to much of what the rebel in us loves. I'd also add that their marketing copy is spot on. There is also the engineered gadgety side of the thing.
Plenty of people have more money that sense. I still say it will not falter, greatly. There will be folks to succumb to it's lures, most likely.

While it may seem cheeky to you, have you tried contacting them directly and voicing your concerns?
I'd be interested to hear their response.

Last edited:
What a cool idea!!! A bit pricey, yes, but would be perfect for two hens and those who might get into trouble for having chickens.

I think its awesome but not for that price. Does not look hard to duplicate if a chicken outlaw wanted to do it right. Make the attached run look like a small compost box between another trash can or something. Then you have two boxes for two hens.

Now that we've all seen it, why not just make one for yourself and expand upon the general idea--no way I would pay 500.00 for that thing!! I bet I could build one and have it come out looking more 'invisable' that that one. Not to mention make the new and improved version for less than a third of the price.

Now that we've all seen it, why not just make one for yourself and expand upon the general idea--no way I would pay 500.00 for that thing!! I bet I could build one and have it come out looking more 'invisible' that that one. Not to mention make the new and improved version for less than a third of the price.

Back
Top Bottom