HAVE YOU TRIED FROZEN EGGS?

msrma7670

Songster
12 Years
Dec 14, 2007
I Am at home in Georgia
Has anyone frozen eggs before? Uncooked? Cooked? And more importantly how have they tasted on the table.
Very curious on this matter and any experiances of yours I would like to know about.

Thanks
mike and shannon

I have never tried it but I was told I could crack open the eggs into an ice cube tray and freeze them. Once frozen, pop them out and seal in a freezer bag. In theory I would say it would work, but like I said, never tried it.

Jess

In the Backyard Poultry magazine (April/May edition) there is an article on feezing eggs---whole, whites, yolks, hardcooked, and how to use. It's on page 32.

missouri chick...hello...how would i get the back issue of that magazine you metioned?...thanks, Wendy

WE have but we do not put them in an ice tray. I take and crack three eggs into a freezer ziplock bag. I do three at a time because that is usually what most cake recipes calls for. So far we have not had any ill effects but we only leave them there for a short time. I have not tried them plain or anything else but only for breads and cakes. Hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom