Haven't Been on for Awhile, Updating some photos of my Ducks! *Pic Heavy*

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Rosecomb-Ryan, Nov 14, 2012.

1. Rosecomb-Ryan

Rosecomb-Ryan East Indie Crazed

Apr 12, 2008
    Sacramento CA
    Hi Everyone, Long time no see! I do have a few new breeds I am now working with along with Muscovys. Pekins and Rouens, both Show type. I am really enjoying some new breeds to play with! Enough me talking and now for some photos!
    I'll Start with the Pekins,..
    [​IMG]
    5 Month Old Pekin Young Drake
    [​IMG]
    Another Pekin Young Drake
    [​IMG]
    Pekin Young Duck
    [​IMG]
    A Young Pair of Rouens

[​IMG]
    Now for a Flock photo!
    Now onto the MUSCOVYS! My favorite breed of all time.

[​IMG]
    White Muscovy Old Drake (Note the metal behind him is 3 feet wide, he is HUGE)
    [​IMG]
    White Muscovy Young Drake (4-5 Months old)
    [​IMG]
    Now for a 6 Month old White Drake in mid tail wag,

Well That is it for now, Ill get some photos of my colored Muscovys when I get time!
    Best Regards and Enjoy,
    Ryan

2. pigtail21

pigtail21 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2010
    Reno NV
    Wow Ryan they are ALL amazing!!! and the white's are all GLOWING!!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

3. Crafty-Duck

Crafty-Duck Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2012
    Lucky Duck Pond
    Are your male Muscovy's always white like that? because my male doesn't like to take bathes and looks dirty all the time except after a molt,just wondering if he is normal or not[​IMG]

4. Rosecomb-Ryan

Apr 12, 2008
    Sacramento CA
    Mine normally look like that, I 'make' them want to take a bath by spraying them with a hose when I clean their pools out. It makes them want to take a bath and clean themselves.

5. Crafty-Duck

Crafty-Duck Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2012
    Lucky Duck Pond
    Thanks! what he does is take fake bathes [​IMG] he dips down like he is flinging water on himself but he is in the grass! have any of you heard of this behavior before? so I have to place him in the water and splash water on him.

By the way Ryan sorry for asking questions on your thread but your pretty white ducks started it [​IMG]

6. petjem

petjem Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2012
    Greece, EU
    WOW Ryan! [​IMG] You've got a lovely bunch of ducks there! Look at all those caruncles on their faces!!! Mine look like "naked" comparing to yours! [​IMG]

I'd love to see your female muscovies when you have time to upload some pics! [​IMG] Whenever I spray mine wih the hose and make it look like it's raining they stand still like they are numb. [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 14, 2012
  7. CelticOaksFarm

CelticOaksFarm Family owned, family run

Sep 7, 2009
    Florida - Space Coast
    welcome back Ryan, been for ever! The new ducks are lovely, nice to see a true example of a Rouen, they arent very common in pictures around here.

8. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    [​IMG]

9. Rosecomb-Ryan

Apr 12, 2008
    Sacramento CA
    They arent very common anywhere! Nor are true Pekins and Muscovys. They arent for everyone, but I sure enjoy them. You cant tell from the photos, but the Pekins are HUGE!

Ryan

10. CelticOaksFarm

CelticOaksFarm Family owned, family run

Sep 7, 2009
    Florida - Space Coast
    Well I love them,but then again we have Silver Appleyards and Dewlap Toulouse geese both so large and in charge is welcomed here.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by