Haven't Hatched Yet- day 22 i think

ChickadeeMom

Chirping
8 Years
Jan 30, 2011
West Virginia
I have 6 eggs in various incubators (three in a 110v mini Incubator, two in a homemade incubator and one under multiple broodyy hens) and i put them in at about 1am on jan 9th and i think they were supposed to hatch friday or saturday. i havent seen anything happening. i tried to candle them on wed and i couldnt really tell what i was looking for as i am completely new to hatching eggs and for that matter chickens in general.

Should i crack them open or leave them?

Any suggestions on what to do?
hmm.png

Last edited:
I knew it would be sometime between thursday and today but i havent seen anything that even seems like progress. i dont know what i should do. do i wait?

As hard as it is, leave them alone. I know I am always walking up to the incubator hoping to see progress being made but it is better to leave them alone. They don't always hatch out on day 21.

i feel like they arent going to hatch. i live in wv and had them shipped from fl and after reading on here it seems that people have a hard time hatching shipped eggs. i just want one to hatch so i can tell everyone i hatched one.

SO NERVOUS
hu.gif

i keep looking at them in my little bitty incubator, i have work and college classes all day tomorrow and am worried that i will miss them if it happens tomorro.

Im brand new to all this stuff, everyone reading this is probably just thinking its normal.

You have plenty of time, just wait . They shouldn't have started anything until yesterday. If you temps are alittle low then they will take longer.

my temp has stayed pretty close to 100 sometimes it gets hot in my bedroom and raises it a bit or it gets cold and lowers it. i had it go up to like 106 for about an hour or two somewhere in the middle of incubation so im worried they may have gotten 'fried'.

this wait is driving me crazy. (i also have goat babies ive been waiting all month to see!!) i think both combined may kill me before i see either thing happen!!

i love BYC i just joined yesterday but have lurked on the forums since i bought my chickadees back is aug.

Back
Top Bottom