Having progressive pictures to help ID chicks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was going through pic's a while back and was going to attach them to MY Page with all the chick ID's from Photo Bucket and things have just gotten away from me here,.
things are starting to settle down so I will start working on that.

I given have pics of eggs that go with breed,

if any one has more info on the breeds that i'm missing info or need to add more please let me know. all the breed info is on My Page.

Last edited:
Just a little behind
old.gif
I just read page 34, Now will we be able to move all the info i have on MY PAGE to the new thread account?

Or will you need me to redo that on the new thread.

I was wanting for Nifty to give me more upload space, to upload all the pics, with add a new account sounds much better, and easier.
clap.gif

Hey Laura! I actually had a call with Chirpy about this today! Here's what we're thinking to do:

1) Combine the "Breed Pages" with the "Progressive Chick Pics" like you and KAKBucks have done here

2) Move all the images to BYC (probably in the ChickId account we created).

3) Have contests for members to create breed pages with chick ID pics, info, personal experiences with the breeds, etc.

We can move the pages (like the ones you created) to be associated with that ChickID user or keep them associated with your account... there isn't a final decision here.

The one thing that we'll want to require for inclusion of a member's page into the official breed page listings is:

1) Images must be hosted on BYC (in either the user's own account or in some other way on BYC).
2) The pages need to follow a specific format / template.
3) The images need to be named correctly (breed-size-color-age)

I know Chirpy has done a great job keeping me informed and on task. I'm not sure who else wants to help organzie and manage this, but I'm sure she'd love some help from people that are committed. We can even setup a conference call with those who want to be the key helpers.

Hi Laura! We're all just waiting on Nifty (no pressure there Mr. BYC
lol.png
). I know he's got to be so busy that he probably doesn't know if he's coming or going.

this would help me as my grandchildren bought chicks from a
farm store and the only ones i am pretty certain about are the bantams and that is because of the size.

we are pretty much ignorant about what we have, but we love
them dearly.

Once upon a time, there was a wonderful compilation of webpages with just such photo IDing as this undertaking - that's what I was looking for myself when I gave up, figuring after 10+ years, evidently the ultimately anonymous person that did all the work either lost their server space or files/pictures or something, and I ended up here. I was aiming to wait until I know what I have and then "breed for pure" from my own birds and take photos that I could be certain about breeds and certainty in order to share with the public. Since mine are all just babies currently, it will probably be next year at the earliest before I can contribute much. But I'd be happy to then, and those that I seek to ID now through maturity and get photos of, I can keep records on so that once there is certainty with any of those, I can provide them with the corresponding information.

It sure is nice to know that I'm not the only one that wanted this type of written and visual documentation/information, but also willing to contribute what one can... not sure anyone has room for all of the different breeds, so a community effort definitely required to pull such a project off!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom